.41 Temporary test build bug report thread

Started by rewbs, October 18, 2005, 22:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

rewbs

Quote from: "rncekel"To rewbs: changing the volume of a note while playing it is very often used in real instrument playing. Not, of course, in percuted ones (except in rolls, that do use it), but very often in wind instruments and in bowed strings.

Good point. Maybe MIDI devices that model such instruments would respond  to specific MIDI CCs (such as breath, expression, brightness? don't know...) that have the effect of attenuating/enhancing specific notes or MIDI channels during a note. But I can't find a generic way that has also been picked up by VSTis.

LPChip

SourceForge has updated their page finally, but now there are 2 .36 revisions :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Quote from: "LPChip"SourceForge has updated their page finally, but now there are 2 .36 revisions :P
Hehe nevermind. :)
I'm writing some scripts to automatically publish dev builds to a separate page so we won't be dependant on that system for much longer.

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"
Quote from: "LPChip"SourceForge has updated their page finally, but now there are 2 .36 revisions :P
Hehe nevermind. :)
I'm writing some scripts to automatically publish dev builds to a separate page so we won't be dependant on that system for much longer.

Nice. Then we can alter the download page too I guess?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Here it is: http://modplug.sourceforge.net/builds/index.php
It's all driven off RSS - the direct links to the xml feeds are provided.
It should get updated instantly when I commit new binaries, so no more hanging around for sourceforge's web interface.
LP, I'll update the downloads page when I've committed a few builds to confirm it works OK. :D

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "rewbs"Here it is: http://modplug.sourceforge.net/builds/index.php
It's all driven off RSS - the direct links to the xml feeds are provided.
It should get updated instantly when I commit new binaries, so no more hanging around for sourceforge's web interface.
LP, I'll update the downloads page when I've committed a few builds to confirm it works OK. :D

Hey, thats a slick looking interface. Good job!  :wink:  8)  ;D
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

rewbs

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Hey, thats a slick looking interface. Good job!  :wink:  8)  ;D

Thanks! Actually I just noticed it's screwed up in IE. :P
I'll sort that out tomorrow.

LPChip

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

somehow values in the volume column seem to have some effect on the sound of "Pentagon I"

this is strange, because it didn't happen immediately, but after some minutes :shock:

(i made a simple fade-in from 0-64)

rewbs, can you check that?

i'm now rebooting my system to check if it's still there afterwards
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

rewbs

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"somehow values in the volume column seem to have some effect on the sound of "Pentagon I"
Is this with or without a note on the same row?
It it occurs on the same row as a note, the value in the volume column represents the velocity of that note. Pentagon I has parameters you must set to define how much variations in velocity affect the volume and the filter. This is the case with many VSTis.

Perhaps initially these parameters were at 0, so velocity had no effect. Then you changed the params so velocity had an impact.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

think it's as you suppose...

great, so it seems like this is unavoidable  :(

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Macro-Problem:

i'm sending "JunoX2" to "Classic EQ"
now i want to control "Classic EQ" via macro (e.g. param 57)
but my macro does not affect "Classic EQ" at all.
it only changes param 57 of "JunoX2"

==> not so cool

had this problem with several VSTi in the last time...

macros shouldn't controll FX-params globally and i think they didn't in the old build

rewbs

Quote from: "BooT-SectoR-ViruZ"I'm sending "JunoX2" to "Classic EQ"
now i want to control "Classic EQ" via macro (e.g. param 57)
but my macro does not affect "Classic EQ" at all. it only changes param 57 of "JunoX2"

You simply need to assign Classic EQ directly to a separate channel and put your macro commands there.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ