.41 Temporary test build bug report thread

Started by rewbs, October 18, 2005, 22:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

rewbs

Update:

Note: from v1.17.02.40, we store the plugin cache on the file system rather than in the registry. If you have lots of plugs listed in your mptrack.ini, your first startup will be a bit slow since we need to rebuild the cache.  You might get some errors if plugins have been removed / have expired etc... Subsequent startups should be just fine.

Latest builds are here: http://modplug.sourceforge.net/builds/#dev

Squirrel Havoc

Uh, are you sure you pasted the right link? I get taken to a stats page when I click it. Will it be at that page in a few hours?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

:D fukk, i still got 7 hours to work until i can get my hands on it
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

rewbs

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Uh, are you sure you pasted the right link? I get taken to a stats page when I click it. Will it be at that page in a few hours?
D' oh! Still learning to use multiple clipboards.  :oops:
Thanks speed-goddamn-focus.
Still, the stats are quite interesting no? notice how the 1.17RC2 downloads trippled when modplug.com was linking to this forum (which has clear up-to-date download links), but dropped again as soon as the modplug.com redirect broke.

Rakib

well, of course. Modplug.com is the source everybody relyon when talking about mpt software
^^

Rakib

/ <rewbs> experimental: muting a channel with a VSTi playing should turn off the active note on that channel.
<----tnx this was something i was really waiting for
^^

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "rewbs"Note delay (SDx) is written automatically during "live tracking" if there are no effects already on the row.
With my poor playing skills, I get quite realistic sounding recordings with the autodelay, so at least it's working quite well. But it would be really nice to hear other comments on how good results can really be obtained with it.
There seemed to be a small bug in the feature; for s3m-file the delay command wasn't written correctly - it wrote command of style ?D2.

Rakib

muting a channel with a VSTi playing should turn off the active note on that channel. <--- this thing only works when a vsti is not assigned to a vst effect. If it is, the muting of the vsti channel is not working.

edit: well. it does, but in a effect called bj lofi, a small piece of the sample is looping and not stopping. Maybe another vst effects have the same issue
^^

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

Quote from: "Rakib"muting a channel with a VSTi playing should turn off the active note on that channel. <--- this thing only works when a vsti is not assigned to a vst effect. If it is, the muting of the vsti channel is not working.

edit: well. it does, but in a effect called bj lofi, a small piece of the sample is looping and not stopping. Maybe another vst effects have the same issue

i'll also have a look on this when i get home...

version seems to work fine for my purposes  :D

but please hurry on the conversion of pattern effects to macros  8)
(most important: VOLUME)
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

Rakib

no else has encountered this problem?? ::)
^^

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Rakib"no else has encountered this problem?? ::)

I haven't tried, but I believe you.

Squirrel Havoc

Found a serious bug. If you create a new song, it will be titled "Module1". If you click the save button on the main toolbar, it will ask where to save it and what to call it. BUT, if you click on "Song Properties", then click "Ok", the title of the song gets changed to "Module1.it". Now when you click the save button, it will save it as "Module1.it", overwriting your original Module1.it! Luckily I have backup song enabled, but if I didn't, I would have lost a song (when I cant think of a name, I go with the default Module1.it until I name it).

All the more reason that you should backup your work from time to time...
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Rakib

same if you open a wavefile as a file and you accidentally press the save button, it will erase any file that is called module1.it. I lost one of my best songs that way :(
^^

rncekel

I think this is not new, but in the Edit menu, Cleanup, the Rearrange Samples doesn't work. Well, in fact it is worst, because it mess up the samples.