.39 Bug with repeat playing

Started by Sam_Zen, March 29, 2006, 04:46:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

If I have used the option 'pattern loop' during a playback, the song starts to repeat after the last pattern,
despite the disabling state of "loop song" in the general tab.

LPChip

You've left the revision number blank in the title. Can you tell me what version of the tracker you've encountered this with, and if possible, can you get us a small song that does this easilly?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Hi, I tried to recreate this with .41 and couldn't. Here are the steps I took, let me know where I'm going wrong:

1. Created a new song with 2 patterns
2. Disable loop song
3. Go to the last pattern and press my "play pattern" key, of which the function is to loop the current pattern.
4. Disable the "loop pattern" option
5. When the play position reaches the end of the pattern, the song stops, as expected.

I tried with follow song on and off.

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"If I have used the option 'pattern loop' during a playback, the song starts to repeat after the last pattern,
despite the disabling state of "loop song" in the general tab.
This was a known bug in .39, but it should be fixed in latest dev build.

Sam_Zen

Sorry for the lack of information.
I used indeed ver 1.17.02.39, not knowing about the existence of .41.
Good news if this is fixed, because tomorrow I will give a small performance with a laptop using OMPT, improvising with other musicians.

EDIT : While getting .41 (the generic for W98 on the laptop, and P3 for my main set) I noticed in ver .40 :
- Removed registry dependencies. All settings will now be saved to ini file.
This is great ! I hate the registry. Does this mean that I can safely remove any keys by some regcleaner ?

rewbs

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"This is great ! I hate the registry. Does this mean that I can safely remove any keys by some regcleaner ?
I hope so. :)
That's assuming you'll never want to use old builds again though.

Sam_Zen

2 rewbs
Thanks for the useful remark, because I have still running old builds beside.

EDIT : Just tested. The bug is gone, both in Generic and P3.
I removed the old builds and cleaned the reg without any problems.
Still remaining : reg-keys related to ModPlug Player and the MP browser plugin.