.41 Temporary test build bug report thread

Started by rewbs, October 18, 2005, 22:41:10

Previous topic - Next topic

rewbs

Yes row spacing doesn't save properly either - there are a few problems. :)

Diamond

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"I have the same with the vu-meters and the window size, and another one I've noticed is that when loading a file, it gets added to recent items, but if closing and reopening the program, the item has been disappeared. But when doing this for the second time, it seems to remain there :)
All of these appeared in .40

I think this is also related to the bug which I reported.  I noticed the same problem myself.  This is what I noticed.  When you first run the program, it creates an INI file in the windows folder which has the same name as the executable.  This file stores the toolbar, screen resolution and recent file settings.  So this is the INI file which it reads the recent file list from unless you rename the executable.  If you rename it, a new INI file is then created based on the new file name and it then reads the recent file list from the newly created INI, making it appear as if items have disappeared.  For example, when I first downloaded the package, the file was name mptrack_Generic-1.17.02.40.exe.  I renamed it to just mptrack.exe.  I found two INI files in the windows folder, mptrack.ini and mptrack_Generic-1.17.02.40.ini.  However, I believe that even taking this into account there still seems to be a probably related secondary bug because I'm still getting inconsistent results on the recent file list.  I.E. Items disappearing and reappearing from the menu on subsequent runs of the program like Relabsoluness described.

Personally, I think that when you work out all the bugs, having MPT create the INI file based on the name of the executable is probably a good idea, but it should still be created in the same folder as MPT, not the windows folder.  This way you could have multiple copies/different versions running in the same directory with their own individual settings.

Relabsoluness

The problem with the recent items list seemed to remain in .41 - the list seems to change on every opening time, being the same on every second time(if I understood it correctly, the same as what Diamond descripted).

EDIT: On the whole this seems bit chaotic behavior  :?

rewbs

Quote from: "Relabsoluness"I still have the 'load twice to get the item to remain in recent items'-thing with .41
I can't reproduce this. Can you check the .ini to see how it evolves? In my case if I open a file and close .41, the filename is in the .ini. When I open .41 again, the file is in the MRU.

Diamond

Quote from: "rewbs"
Quote from: "Relabsoluness"I still have the 'load twice to get the item to remain in recent items'-thing with .41
I can't reproduce this. Can you check the .ini to see how it evolves? In my case if I open a file and close .41, the filename is in the .ini. When I open .41 again, the file is in the MRU.

I can't reproduce this either.  Seems to be fixed for me as well.

LPChip

Uh, what happened?

Somehow I failed to notice we're having a .41 version released? #1 post still says .40  :o
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Yes, I didn't announce .41. It just contains minor fixes.. but those who are in sync with the repository or RSS will know it's there. :)
BTW, I'm considering no longer manually announcing every new dev build here, since it is already done automatically on RSS, and the RSS feed can be imported into any website (e.g.: http://openmpt.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Sandbox/rssTest )

Edit: also we need to get a proper bug tracker going again. I'm playing with the sourceforge one, it has all the features we need but, I find it really unpleasant to use. Maybe I'll try to integrate something into the wiki... or LP, how feasible is it to get the old system back into these forums - do you still have the code?

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "Diamond"

I can't reproduce this either.  Seems to be fixed for me as well.
Well I actually could reproduce the 'bug' also with rc2 so it likely has nothing to do with .41 anyway - it seemed to have something to do with opening the program right after closing it. Sorry for the wasted time  :oops:

LPChip

Edit: also we need to get a proper bug tracker going again. I'm playing with the sourceforge one, it has all the features we need but, I find it really unpleasant to use. Maybe I'll try to integrate something into the wiki... or LP, how feasible is it to get the old system back into these forums - do you still have the code?

The code was too easy to keep :P Doing this will take approx. 10 minutes, so considder it done (somewhere tonight) :P

The process consists out of 2 phases.

1. Making a forum, and make sure that all topics are made with (S=O) etc...

2. Doing a check on the title, and change its color depending on what (S=x) is set. (the last one I'll have to do tonight, but the first I'll do now.)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Thanks LP - Locking this thread. Please report each bug in an individual thread.