1.17.02.48 Pattern editor drawing issues

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, August 14, 2007, 10:23:04

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Full Version:
OpenMPT v1.17.02.48

Has the bug occured in previous versions? If yes, please specify version(s): All.

Description of the bug:
A - Under XP (I haven't bothered installing vista yet), with a custom theme (SmoothGnome at the moment, but all the others do it too), the arrow buttons initially draw themselves like legacy (ie 95/98/me) controls. When you click on them, though, they change to the correct drawing. Not a major issue, but it is a little bit annoying.

B - Also, the borders around controls (like edit boxes and the pattern manager) tend to disappear, particularly after restoring from a hibernation. Forcing a redraw (for example, by changing tabs or resizing the window) fixes the problem. Also, more annoying than anything.

How often does it happen?:
See above.

How to reproduce (step by step description):
A - Um... Open MPT?
B - Hibernate with MPT open on the pattern editor, then restore.

Edit by Mod: Changed version number .* to .48 because this is the reference point to see if an old bug has been fixed and in what build it has been submitted.

LPChip

I have tried what you're suggesting but I can't get it to work.

However, there are a few things that could be different at my end.

I don't have a hybernate option, but I have a standby option instead. It does put my pc to sleep, but doesn't save the memory to harddisc, and then power down entirelly. (This is also quicker to startup)

Secondly, when I go out of stand by, I get a welcome screen with the option to enter my password, before I got to see windows at all.

Thirdly, I use a patched visual style thingy, not StyleXP.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Yeah, it could be any of those things... I've just patched the standard XP styling engine to allow me to use any themes I want. I also don't have an authentication screen (my computer is physically secure, so I don't bother with a password).

LPChip

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Yeah, it could be any of those things... I've just patched the standard XP styling engine to allow me to use any themes I want. I also don't have an authentication screen (my computer is physically secure, so I don't bother with a password).

I need to enter a password in order to allow remote desktop. :)

However, once I get the computer out of stand by, and modplug is playing a song, I've lost audio until I stop and then restart playback.

Can you test if just going to standby changes this behavor?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Hooray for bumping old bugs! :D

OK, all that I did to get the screenshot below was fire up OpenMPT, load up a track, and open up the pattern tab.

Saga Musix

I'll put this age-old bug report to rest.  The screenshots are gone, I have never observed this behaviour and judging from the description it is caused by modifying the operating system. The last bug report on the legacy forum is now finally gone! :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.