Unpleasant news (read when you have time)

Started by LPChip, October 22, 2010, 07:31:50

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

As you all know, Sam_Zen has become ill some time ago, and didn't visit that much anymore.

When Uncloned posted in the other topic if someone knows his condition, I checked his website to find out what we all don't want to find out.

On 11th of oktober 2010, our dear member Sam_Zen has passed away.

This comes as a shock to me, even though it was to be expected that this would happen eventually. Still it always hurts to see a friend pass away like this.

Sam_Zen, although you can't physically read this, I still believe you will know I've typed it here. I want to thank you for everything you've been and done for this community. See you in a next life m8! :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Rakib

Wow, I'm shocked.

He will surely be missed.
^^

KrazyKatz

Really sorry to hear that.
He never had a bad word to say about anyone in the forum even when things got heated.
He also made a really large impression here in a way defining the nature of our little community. Things simply won't be the same without him.

Rest in peace Sam.
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

uncloned

very sad news.

Sam was a real artist. Lots of people make music but never achieve art - Sam's work often went beyond and became something that made a lasting deep impression.

I am glad I did get to meet him and listen to his thoughts and music. My life is richer because of his.

Please post a link to his site.

I would like to see if any more music is available before it goes away.

Chris

Saga Musix

Rest in peace, your music shall live on...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

kit beats

I can't believe this. what was his age?
I allways looked up to his knowledge of trackin, his own souns, and the targeted answers on my questions :)

I will remember, rest in peace.
"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

back for just one posting

I'm really shocked and stunned to read this sad news.
A real artist is gone. But he will never be forgotten...

Rest in peace, Sam.

Yours in great sadness,
Bjoern (better known as "Mr. Eagle")

Louigi Verona

This is very sad news. If I counted correctly, he was 66 years old. What does his site say?

By the way, October 11th I was in the Netherlands.

Sam was very special to me. It was obvious he had a lot of music experience as he always posted some old tapes and it was always really cool work, although cool is not exactly the word. Inspired. This is the word.
He was always as calm as a synth without a player - his own words.

Do not be worried about his site. I am now downloading it in all of it's entirety, including all sound files. Then I will set it up on my site - I have a "webarchive" section where I preserve sites I like. Sam's site will find a place there in case his hosting comes to an end and anyone would be able to visit and experience his art. In our hearts it will live and although we are a small community, Sam was a whole big event for us.

Sam, if where you are there is an Internet connection available, do check this space out. We would really appreciate you dropping by from time to time, even if in read-only mode.

Louigi.

Saga Musix

Quote from: Louigi Verona on October 25, 2010, 06:48:41
This is very sad news. If I counted correctly, he was 66 years old. What does his site say?
He passed away 10 days after his 66th birthday...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

Sam_Zen left a musical impression on any of us who was open to his self-styled way of treating music and sound. I only wish i had the chance to pass him one more PM to let him know that the ripples of his pebbles went to souls he never could imagine...

I will always remember him as a moderator between extremes -- calm wise voice when opinions clashed. I get the impression i would have disagreed with him on just about everything political or ideological, and yet i had the greatest respect for him. Perhaps i should honor him by composing something after his own heart.... :-\

Louigi Verona

Sam's site is now in my webarchive. There are many links to an outside site of his, which does not look like free hosting, perhaps I would have to archive that as well later, but the xs4all site itself is over 200Mb, now all explorable at http://www.louigiverona.com/?page=projects&s=misc&t=webarchive

LPChip

Cool!

Its funny that the link to your site in the archive is not working because its pointing to lv.soonlabel.org (or something like that).
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

It working LP, waccha talkin bout?

The link is pointed to LV's webarchive, and if you scroll down, you can find the link to Sam's site.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

psishock

Well, about Sam, this has been expected after several weeks off absence, and his last post, about his health status.

I think, his works and ideas are staying in every of us, and continue to develop further. This way, a part of him is always considered alive, within us.

Sorry Sam, for not being able to make that open air party in time, with booze, weed and groupies, for all the modplugers, as we had dreamed about. :) Still, respect for all your input, patience and knowledge that you've shared with us.

(why the flick am i writing all this, he don't have internet, nor being able to interpret the information without his living body)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)