Are you spiritual?

Started by LPChip, August 22, 2008, 15:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

I have a question. As uncloned mentioned, how can offensiveness be totally avoided? Psishock had an interesting attempted solution; however, how can you know everything that everyone wants to hear? Even if you could somehow do that, how would you know if what someone wants to hear does not offend someone already? Do you understand my point?

älskling

RWP, you can't know that. That's why the saying goes "silence is golden".

uncloned

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"I have a question. As uncloned mentioned, how can offensiveness be totally avoided? Psishock had an interesting attempted solution; however, how can you know everything that everyone wants to hear? Even if you could somehow do that, how would you know if what someone wants to hear does not offend someone already? Do you understand my point?

What people do not realize is that it is a choice to be offended.

One does not have to take offense just like one does not have to agree.

Our actions are our own choices

And our choices define *US* - who we are.

What we chose to believe, what we chose to say or do. Are all our choices.

Inaction and trying to avoid choice is a choice also - even if one tries to fool one's self that is is different.

Really Weird Person

Both of those are good points. Just like "No news is good news." Speaking of good news, what ever happened to that game? Or the "How Much Do You Know about the Poster?" one

cubaxd

And now for something completely equal: As you can see here, democracy doesn't work when we are all different! ;)

LPChip

Actually, I'm not affraid to offend people, but more about creating a topic that is not of interest to some. Since I can see how much people respond to this topic already, it might overshadow the musical chatter.

I just think that I can't restrain myself when it comes about spirituality because I've tasted it this much. Some of you who know me better will know what I talk about.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness

Really Weird Person

Eating the Flying Spaghetti Monster (which I had no idea what was until I read [part of] the article) would likely take care of one's physical hunger and, perhaps, even cause them to overeat and become ill, but what about spiritual hunger? Hmm, interesting concept, eh? I do not see how worshipping an octopus looking creature with strings of pasta for arms would get anyone saved and into heaven (Excuse me if I sound too religious with that remark.)

rncekel

In the beginning, there was Man. And Man created god and in the image of Man created he him.
And Man gave unto god a multitude of names, that he might be Lord over all the earth when it was suited to Man.
And on the seven millionth day Man rested and did lean heavily on his God and saw that it was good.
I think it is really more than a reasonable time to end with all this madness about trying not to be guilty (if god exist, only he is guilty of everything) and become Human at last, which can only be if there is no god at all.
The only sin that there is in the world, it's believing that there is something above Mankind.

Really Weird Person

In that case, where did Man come from? Hmm, a logic test here, rncekel

Relabsoluness

Really Weird Person

Unless either you eat it or, as was mentioned before, it eats you! I still see neither a point or benefit in worshipping pasta.

Waxhead

First of all I would like to say that I personally think LPChip is perhaps just a little nuts! But then again who isn't :) it's all a matter of what you believe and how other people relate to it.
I myself is what you can possibly describe as open. I don't believe in what LPChip does but I would not at the same time say that it's just bullshit either.
History have shown that most strange things that people don't understand can or will be explained by using science at some point. Supernatural things will then become science and thus be accepted my the majority of people.

There are things however that I think science will have great problems to explain. A good example that I like to use is when and how did nature figure out that it was a good idea to transport blood in blood vessels?!

And what if the big bang is not as special as we think. What if there was several big bangs in a huge void - what will happen when two universes expands enough so that they will meet?

Also the interesting thing about humans is that we can't imagine NOTHING since we either think of it as totaly black , white or a empty space. Nothing is NOTHING and not empty (that was deep I admit it). As far as human understanding goes we need to apply materialistic stuff to everything since that's the world we are living in - we simply can't understand nothing!

I think it can be a little stupid to not be open to the fact that people experience things differently, and that some people may believe things perhaps because they understand it differently than other people who choose to believe in other things.

A example would be if someone believes in ghost as "ghosts" . Other people again may believe that ghosts are signs or omens for something else. I personally don't believe in ghosts but perhaps some people really are seeing something that others can't see.

I personally don't believe in ghosts or supernatural things but I will not at the same time say that it's impossible. I however would like to say that it's very unlikely... but not impossible ;)

I myself have experienced a few things that I can't explain by any means. Because of this I think it would be stupid of me to not be open to the fact that there just *might* be something more between heaven and earth even tough I really don't believe in it.... or do I?... ;)

...and I said that LPChip is nuts... yeah right....

LPChip

Quote from: "Waxhead"First of all I would like to say that I personally think LPChip is perhaps just a little nuts!
...and I said that LPChip is nuts... yeah right....

You said it twice now... Or 3 times if you count our msn chat :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Relabsoluness