Are you spiritual?

Started by LPChip, August 22, 2008, 15:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

älskling

Quote from: "LPChip"If you look closer to the word spiritual, you'll notice the word spirit.

Humans are made out of 3 parts. Our body, our mind and our soul.

Our soul is what I call a spirit.

Spiritualism is about learning what our soul is and how we can be in balance with it, because when you're in balance with your soal, life is as beautifull as it can get. Its all about happyness actually.

Thank you for the clarification :) So how does one get in balance with ones soul?

LPChip

Quote from: "älskling"
Quote from: "LPChip"If you look closer to the word spiritual, you'll notice the word spirit.

Humans are made out of 3 parts. Our body, our mind and our soul.

Our soul is what I call a spirit.

Spiritualism is about learning what our soul is and how we can be in balance with it, because when you're in balance with your soal, life is as beautifull as it can get. Its all about happyness actually.

Thank you for the clarification :) So how does one get in balance with ones soul?

I guess you can say that its about finding happyness. Once you're happy with your life, you'll be more in balance, and the more you're in balance, the better you'll understand how to get even more in balance. For instance, if you're not happy with your work, then it'll eat you up. According to spiritualism, you would find a job that suits you.

Another thing that comes to mind is that nowadays most people don't live in the now. They live in the past, present and future. I hear you thinking. How can one live in the past or future if time is fixed? With living in the past and future I refer to a problem that recently happened, and that you keep thinking about that event that happened. Failing to let go drains alot on you and makes you unhappy. Also having an appointment scheduled in the future has a similar effect. You keep watching the time for that appointment, and by that you're getting stressed about something that is going to happen while its not even happening right now, causing you to use unnecessary energy.

When you live in the now (aka present) you don't look back for what happened, only as a reference. You don't watch your appointments, as they will come anyway. Instead you focus entirelly on the thing you're currently doing. Ofcource there are moments where you can't do much. This means that you have a free moment to relax. This relaxing gives you more energy, but furthermore, it gives you an oppotunity to enjoy the wonderfull world that we all live in.

Before I lived in the now, I drove to work in my car focussing on the road. Since thats something that you can nearly do sleeping if you drive the same road every day, I started to think about what I was going to do today and stuff like that. Now, I drive to my work, and while driving, I think: hey, that tree looks quite nice! and stuff like that. And I think about other things, but mostly I enjoy life alot now. :)

I actually developed some techniques to live in the now. So if anyone wants to know, I can help with that.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

QuoteOnce you're happy with your life, you'll be more in balance,
Sorry LP, but the order is a bit a contradiction. You start about balance, of which I thought : ok.. , but now you introduce happiness.
Imo it would be more correct to say : Once your life is in balance, you will be more happy (in case you have that desire).
Seeking for happiness is a dark road with all kinds of pitfalls. Seeking for balance is a more clear path, because it's related to nature.

Theoretically I don't agree about the strict division between body and mind.
I could consider it as a chemical-based entity. Where all kinds of amazing things are possible.

uncloned

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

I like this and I feel it is essentially correct.

This is how to achieve balance for me.

and no I was not in AA.

residentgrey

He was in one of Tyler Durden's therapy groups...
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Sam_Zen

I didn't know Tyler Durden, but after a search, it seems quite a nitwit to me.

uncloned

Quote from: "residentgrey"He was in one of Tyler Durden's therapy groups...

Ok....

My ex wife was an addict of many things. As a result I started to go to Alanon which is the support group for the family of those in AA or NA etc.

I learned quite a lot there.

Sam_Zen

Sorry, I was joking around a bit..

uncloned

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Sorry, I was joking around a bit..

NP - I don't expect everyone to understand, I just was clarifying.

The book actually is the same book as one of the books the  AA folks use.

Alanon is for their spouses - and their POV is that the spouse is a co-dependent - otherwise they would not tolerate the behavior.

And co-dependency is.... an addiction to a person.

But that is a long time ago for me now....

But to be back on track -

Alanon takes the POV that there is a higher power and this higher power is willing to take care of us if only we are willing.

This may sound crazy.... but I don't know if it is, as that I have read about the beliefs of aboriginal peoples and they believe in similar things.

Alanon teaches common sense and obtainment of serenity

Being ok with a higher power is part of that.

However some six million jews may object...

Rikvald

I've always been drawn to old beliefs, "animism"...
the thought of everything as spirit.

Sam_Zen

I go along with you on that..