Main Menu

Recent posts

What you are asking for is exactly what happens if you click the Expand Pattern or Shrink Pattern icons. Is that not what you're observing?
Interesting project - but if I can ask for one thing: This tool should probably not identify as OpenMPT 1.29 in the header. Depending on the use case this may not be a big problem, but effectively means that if OpenMPT (or libopenmpt) plays any file generated with this tool, it will always do so with the playback settings according to how that OpenMPT version played them (including all playback bugs and differences compared to original Impulse Tracker). It would be safer to either identify as Impulse Tracker 2.14 (0x1402 instead of 0x2951), or allocate your own tracker ID (see wiki page). In the latter case, it may be a good idea to use a single fixed ID in the Dxxx range (like SPC2IT) without any version information attached to it. As yet another alternative, you could of course make this version number configurable.
General Chatter / Re: Here are stuffs that I'm m...
Last post by Saga Musix - Today at 15:18:10
Quote from: KhantLOL on May 24, 2024, 15:09:10Please let me know if you're interested so I'll have some motivations to work on it! ^w^
By all means go ahead :)
General Chatter / Re: Making my own music commun...
Last post by Saga Musix - Today at 15:15:45
Using my totalitarian power and my massive ego to close this absolute train wreck of a thread. There is absolutely nothing to be had in this discussion, which has absolutely nothing to do with the original question.

Exhale, every software project needs a vision and someone who steers that vision. Too many cooks spoil the broth. If you cannot agree with my vision, that is completely fine, but just because you get frustrated because I may see things differently than you doesn't mean that you get to call malicious, totalitarian or being a person with a big ego. If you think it is so easy to run a project like this while allowing everyone to add their 10 cents at any point in time, and have the software survive without becoming a big messy collection of bugs and half-baked features, then by all means go ahead and show us how much better OpenMPT could be if it was done that way. If you look around a bit, 99% of forks done because of those reasons died very quickly, and for good practical reasons.
Quote from: Soundman on Yesterday at 00:16:44I think females are very creative and I would like to see more females on computer music forums and communities. It always seems like computer music forums and communities have mostly males, as well as males who identify as females. I'm on a Discord computer music group and it seems like so many of the members use non traditional pronouns, and one person who I though for the longest time was a female turned out to be a biological male identifying as a female and using a female avatar, these are very confusing days.

Those people are not "males", those are most likely transgender women.
Last post by Exhale - Yesterday at 01:16:56
Quote from: Soundman on May 15, 2024, 20:19:52Perhaps a forked edition of OpenMPT that is renamed and rebranded for people who want an alternative would not be a bad thing, and with that would come an alternative community surrounding a forked, renamed and rebranded version of OpenMPT. However it could have the effect of totally killing OpenMPT and its community.
Well that is a claim, with a definate expected result. From another perspective, pocket communities not under the control of our overlords here could thrive and make ompt much more popular.
I didnt say the communities 'would' with any certainty, just that they 'could'.
Both possible outcomes can only be tested for by doing it.
Last post by Exhale - Yesterday at 01:07:23
Quote from: SewerSide on May 28, 2024, 21:24:49OK... A critic late to the meeting...

Low testosterone in Dudes means lower creative output... It's the difference between a bull & a steer but this does not seem to be a problem for you right?...

That provides also a segway into the subject of Women... Which I mentioned not at all as the response was not targeted as gender-based... It was just the few things that popped into skull at the time mostly a cornucopia small for sake of brevity...

If you wish I could provide a list into the hundreds>>>
The most stupid shit i have read in my life, but do go on dumbass.
Last post by Soundman - Yesterday at 00:16:44
I think females are very creative and I would like to see more females on computer music forums and communities. It always seems like computer music forums and communities have mostly males, as well as males who identify as females. I'm on a Discord computer music group and it seems like so many of the members use non traditional pronouns, and one person who I though for the longest time was a female turned out to be a biological male identifying as a female and using a female avatar, these are very confusing days.
Last post by SewerSide - May 28, 2024, 21:24:49
OK... A critic late to the meeting...

Low testosterone in Dudes means lower creative output... It's the difference between a bull & a steer but this does not seem to be a problem for you right?...

That provides also a segway into the subject of Women... Which I mentioned not at all as the response was not targeted as gender-based... It was just the few things that popped into skull at the time mostly a cornucopia small for sake of brevity...

If you wish I could provide a list into the hundreds>>>
Help and Questions / Move notes while expanding/shr...
Last post by Cartman1337 - May 28, 2024, 17:01:28
Is there currently a way to move the notes of a pattern as you expand or shrink it, and if not would it be possible to implement it?

Example, say you have a pattern like this (top rows):
ModPlug Tracker  IT
|C-501......
|C-501......

When expanding the pattern x2 I'd like it to automatically look like this afterwards:
ModPlug Tracker  IT
|C-501......
|C-501......

I.e. implement the growth on every other line, and not just all in one big chunk at the top or end.

This would save me a LOT of time if I've worked on a track in the default 64 row pattern, and then suddenly want to import a MIDI of 128 rows, or want to convert to 128 rows to have more room for extra in-between notes than 64 allows, because when I do I have to do all the moving manually, and it takes a LOT of time if there are many patterns in the track. Naturally a halving would have to come with a warning that some notes could disappear when deleting every other line (but doing that in a written pattern results in that most of the time anyway), but for expanding I don't really see a downside to it, at least not as an option.