OpenMPT Manual Project --- http://openmpt.xwiki.com

Started by yrk, March 13, 2006, 21:34:36

Previous topic - Next topic

yrk

Quote from: "rewbs"
A wiki has been opened for documenting OpenMPT. Anyone can add content to the website.
It will only work out if you contribute, so please do!

http://openmpt.xwiki.com

I figure we should have a thread for posting updates to the Wiki so here goes...

I can never remember the S9x effects, so I decided to contribute a little... So I took the old effects commands HTML file and cleaned it up, corrected a bunch of typos and added some more stuff to it and added it to the Wiki. (It doesn't really have that Wiki page look because it's HTML, but it doesn't really make sense to try and reformat it in wiki syntax...)

Also, as a reference for MOD trackers, a bit of a history lesson for newer trackers and a bit of nostalgia for people like myself, I added the effect command pages from the original protracker help file...   ;D

Enjoy!

Edit: A link for your convenience: http://openmpt.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Manual/Effect+Commands
while (1) { fork(); }

yrk

So, I was bored and didn't feel like sleeping, so I started typing...

Pretty much covered the basic features of the instrument editor. Lemme know if I goofed something...

http://openmpt.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Manual/InstrumentEditor
while (1) { fork(); }

anboi

just so no-one duplicates stuff i've done - i have done almost all of the general tab, pattern tab and sample tabs. i'll tidy up and cut and paste when the wiki next works for me.

rewbs

Anyone interested in creating a 140x50 px logo for the top left of the wiki site?

yrk

I'd like to see someone explain the VST mixing modes...
while (1) { fork(); }

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "rewbs"Anyone interested in creating a 140x50 px logo for the top left of the wiki site?

I'll give it a shot, although you didn't provide any guidelines on what you want, so I'll use my imagination :)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

speed-goddamn-focus

I did this based on nofolds devil hands (at least i think they're his)

rewbs

hehe nice! d'oh I meant 150x40.. never mind, it just about fits.

Squirrel, yes I don't have any particular thoughts on what direction the aesthetics of the wiki should take, so make any logo you like. Maybe I can find a way to pick a logo at random on each page view... another excuse to use XWiki's nifty scripting features. :)

anboi

is anyone else finding the wiki takes aaaaaages or doesn't work at all?

[edit] - okaaay and i just had to re-register to get it to let me in, then got a servers down for maintenance message when i tried to add stuff. argh!!

rewbs

It's working fine for me. There was some downtime last weekend but since then it's been fine as far as I can tell.
Edit: ok it seems to have fallen offline now...  :oops:

rewbs

Looks like it was a temporary glitch.. though I appreciate even small amounts of downtime can be infuriating when you're trying to edit documents. If the wiki takes off, I'll look into moving it to a paid service with uptime guarantees.

Anyway... I've decided to start a developer blog for OpenMPT on the wiki.
I know I know.. but whatever.

anboi

argh! right, thought that wiki was not liking my html but it turns out its fine for some of it, can;t work out whats going on, part of my text just will not post and it gives a servers down for maintenance message.
[edit] can someone try to post this: <p>This button is used to select which plugin is loaded into the currently displayed effect slot. It brings up the {Mix plugins} dialog.</p> into the wiki and see what happens? something weird is going on! i can narrow it down to the sentence which causes the wiki to produce a server message but not the words or part of the sentence...

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "anboi"argh! right, thought that wiki was not liking my html but it turns out its fine for some of it, can;t work out whats going on, part of my text just will not post and it gives a servers down for maintenance message.
[edit] can someone try to post this: <p>This button is used to select which plugin is loaded into the currently displayed effect slot. It brings up the {Mix plugins} dialog.</p> into the wiki and see what happens? something weird is going on! i can narrow it down to the sentence which causes the wiki to produce a server message but not the words or part of the sentence...

"select A into B" gives this message, where A seems to be any number of words and B is any word.

rewbs

heh that's quite amusing, thanks for narrowing it down.  I'll let the XWiki folk know. Meanwhile you can work around with something like: select <i></i> A into B