OpenMPT Manual Project --- http://openmpt.xwiki.com

Started by yrk, March 13, 2006, 21:34:36

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"heh that's quite amusing, thanks for narrowing it down.  I'll let the XWiki folk know. Meanwhile you can work around with something like: select <i></i> A into B

Seems somekind of SQL Injection protection. Let them know they should use php's addslashes to solve most injection problems.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Quote from: "LPChip"Seems somekind of SQL Injection protection. Let them know they should use php's addslashes to solve most injection problems.
Yes it's most likely SQL protection gone wrong. But XWiki runs on Java, not PHP.. and the SQL protection is completely unnecessary in plain wiki text. it's already the case that hibernate queries are only executed from Velocity scripts. It is perfectly legal to query the XWiki database from a velocity script within any wiki document. For example here I'm querying the DB for the list of groups/users on the OpenMPT wiki: http://openmpt.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Sandbox/MoreMessingAbout

Cool huh? (apart from the bugs... :) ) :D

anboi

woo! mystery solved! now i just need to know what the hell happened to the general tab stuff i'm sure i posted last night... argh! will try again.

rewbs

If you click on History at the top of the page, you can see previous versions of that page. The general tab was saved a number of times by you. Some of the older versions have content. You can rollback to the version of your choice.

rewbs

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"
Quote from: "anboi"argh! right, thought that wiki was not liking my html but it turns out its fine for some of it, can;t work out whats going on, part of my text just will not post and it gives a servers down for maintenance message.
[edit] can someone try to post this: <p>This button is used to select which plugin is loaded into the currently displayed effect slot. It brings up the {Mix plugins} dialog.</p> into the wiki and see what happens? something weird is going on! i can narrow it down to the sentence which causes the wiki to produce a server message but not the words or part of the sentence...

"select A into B" gives this message, where A seems to be any number of words and B is any word.

This is fixed now - thanks on behalf of the xwiki guys for spotting this. :)

Relabsoluness

Quote from: "anboi"just so no-one duplicates stuff i've done - i have done almost all of the general tab, pattern tab and sample tabs. i'll tidy up and cut and paste when the wiki next works for me.
I was about to add a short explanation of 'orderlist' to the wiki, but then I looked here and noticed this  :)  Well, maybe I'll wait that you add the whole pattern tab-section, and look if I have something to add then, or do you have orderlist covered?

anboi

yeah i only did a rough sketch of that part so go ahead. i totally forgot about this. the wiki is down again (sigh) but i'll format what i have and get it up when i get a moment.

by the way - my flatmate and i are not doing a manual page anymore cos the wiki is totally doing the job (when it works).

LPChip

I've added and refined the plugins section.

Only todo is to name some buttons (dun have openmpt at my work :P) and a howto on Zxx.

Anyone feel free to contribute to the page. If you'd like to do so, but you dont want to edit the page, please post a reply and I'll enter it in for you.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

speed-goddamn-focus

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"this was the most important sticky tho imho

Why? There's a link in the forum-index-page too, and nothing else has been added here.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "LPChip"
Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"this was the most important sticky tho imho

Why? There's a link in the forum-index-page too, and nothing else has been added here.

Because the other stickes are more un-important.

LPChip