4 (23.5%)
NetScape
0 (0%)
Safari
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 05, 2010, 09:06:03

uncloned

why isn't Netscape Communicator 4.8 on the poll list?

jmkz

Well, I used to browse with IE7 but I simply hate it. Feels like naked, and since the last three~ years, I was changed to Firefox (with Ad Block Plus and NoScript), it's more stable, and when it hangs, just a click in the close button, and closes. The others of my family also use it. The best for me.

Saga Musix

Quote from: "uncloned"why isn't Netscape Communicator 4.8 on the poll list?
You're right. Netscape 4.x should be there if there's also Internet Explorer 6.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Sorry... Seems I forgot 2. Safari and Netscape. Both added now.

Do note that even the authors of Netscape have given up on Netscape itself since their Mozilla branch went so well.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

AlisterFlint

and also focused on more business-oriented apps, such as ldap..

AlisterFlint

Quote from: "Jojo"
Quote from: "AlisterFlint"it has been known to leak memory since v1.5.
you must be one of the people who are using weird extensions. with the extensions I use, it has NEVER "leaked" memory, meaning that it's staying at stable 100-200mb RAM usage (depending on how many sites I have opened), no matter for how many hours or even days I let it run.

blah blah blah, you're really a champ, no doubt :)

psishock

millions of people are using it, yet you can always find some dudes who are mysteriously having "memory leaks" and "freeze ups" with it. I would check the extensions, avir programs or other stuffs that could interfere with it, coz me, nor my friends that i know aren't having any troubles with FF whatsoever. I think it would be a really big and general trouble for EVERY user, if there would be any nasty memory leak on the FF builds, you would surely heard from it on most news channels.

You can write opera memory leaks and internet explorer memory leaks and find dozens of "reports" too, yet they work fine on my comp too. Mostly on these cases are the user, who did something wrong, not the browser's fault.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

g

I did a very non-scientific research, googling for browser name and memory leaks and then divided the result with the market share according to some wikipedia article. These are the results, pointless but interesting from a flame point of view:

google search                     hits per % of market
------------------------------------------------------
opera memory leaks              -   94 416
internet explorer memory leaks  -   10 341
firefox memory leaks            -  709 945
chrome memory leaks             -   24 142

Paul Legovitch

I use firefox (with adblock, fireFTP and flashgot). At some point I used epiphany wich is light and fast and has adblock and a couple of extensions.
Linux browsers all have the same problem of not being able to smooth images when zooming in pages (I don't know why all is so tiny on most webpages).

Saga Musix

actually, firefox 3.x+ should interpolate images when zooming on all platforms. and since many linux browsers are based on the gecko rendering engine... well... most of them should zoom in similar manner.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

psishock

PPH

I voted Chome, but I also use Firefox. I keep a session in Firefox so that it's always open with my news feeds, and use Chrome for the rest.
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

PPH

Quote from: "Rakib"If people are worried about issues with chrome we have Iron, which is the same code but doesn't have the home-calling feature.

Home calling feature?
============
PPH
-Melody Enthusiast
============

Saga Musix

Google wants all your data, even the data in your browser. They have removed the unique ID from the browser that was set once and forever when installing it, but I guess that they still have a way to track users. There's no reason to use Chrome, really, because there's Iron, which is built upon the same codebase (Chromium), but without the user tracking crap.

psishock

Whoa your right, Google want to spy our arses off and kill 95% of the human population. O_O
They must do, coz has closed source codes...just like ie, windows, apple, opera or safari and a tons of other companies too.

Chromium and the rest are build on open source codes, you have the choice to use the ember online Google services, or switch them off (with chrome too). Don't we just love paranoid people? :D Surely every mega company wants to rule the world and destroy the humanity.