Hows the weather?

Started by g, October 31, 2009, 23:56:28

Previous topic - Next topic

g

That picture tells nothing as it's obviously photoshopped. I can tell from the pixels. Even if it weren't photoshopped, I wouldn't trust a mammal living in the ocean. It's unnatural.

[Later...]
I don't really have any tunes anymore... but some or left on my fabulous myspace page. They all suck tho, so I stopped more or less (except for the occasional MPT compos).

Tales of Monkey Island seems nice, I even got the free episode on talk like a pirate day, but haven't gotten around to playing it... using a mouse is so much like working... I might get the 360 version*

*When I've played through Forza 3

uncloned

Sunny, 72°F today

This is the off my balcony - the other shore is a 300 feet or so away.

Nahkranoth

Wow! You're living on a tree?  :D

LPChip

I suppose that when you turn around in your bed, and you roll off the hill into the water, you literally are having a wet dream! :nuts: :lol:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

Here is Reni

In the low 50's today

edit 50's Fahrenheit /edit

uncloned

Quote from: "Nahkranoth"Wow! You're living on a tree?  :D

No, I have a balcony very near a cliff overlooking the river.

uncloned

Quote from: "LPChip"I suppose that when you turn around in your bed, and you roll off the hill into the water, you literally are having a wet dream! :nuts: :lol:

Naw - my bed is on the other side of the apartment.

Sam_Zen

When going outside, it's Celsius, so much colder..

kit beats

"get the piece sounding pristine." - KrazyKats
..Like this one, definatly got the Sam Zen
individuality in it... - Asharin

Harbinger

I thought the cool summer last year in the US and the harsh winter would put the GW hoaxists to bed, but now they're claiming that global warming (excuse me "climate change") causes cold winters. OK, Gore, OK; we believe you! You climatology expert, you! ::)

**Ramp up his lithium, he's still cogent...**

uncloned

is it possible they could just be... wrong?

and not involved in a hoax?

in the early 80's, when Chicago had 40F below zero days the talk then was of the coming ice age.

anyone who thinks they know everything, regardless of the subject, is a bit  silly in my book.

However, change will happen - that is the only constant in the universe. And man would not be the first creature to terraform the earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Oxygenation_Event

http://www.damninteresting.com/how-bacteria-nearly-destroyed-all-life

also it would be ironic if global warming is offsetting a new ice age.

Harbinger

Ooh, irony indeed! The calm before the storm... :lol:

Actually i remember "the Coming Ice Age" was a topic during the Carter years, when i first became politically aware, very late 70s. But it died out pretty quickly compared to GW.

As far as the issues of hoax vs miscalculation, those who believe it can be ignorant of the facts, those who PERPETUATE it, especially as a means of more government control, are participating in something sinister, IMO.

There are truly not enough free thinkers to stand up and say "Oh yeahh? Says you!" when it comes to the slithering encroachment of government control. Many of them on one hand cry out for free speech and human rights, but then bow down Igor-like to "official" justifications of government control. Conservative or liberal, every free human being should look with a jaundiced eye at government power, even when "our guy" is enforcing it.

I firmly believe people have a right to accept the GW premise, and run their lives according to this belief. But the rock-throwing comes when they try to use government -- local or federal or international -- to make others practice their religion.

LPChip

This "its all because of global warming" is bullshit imho.

I still believe the government is  using this to cause fear among people and to keep us dumb. They need to do this in order to keep their power to themselves.

I also still believe that these changes are due to the 2012 event.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

g

Even if greenhouse gases don't accelerate global warming, which I believe to be true, what is there to lose? Isn't decreasing oil dependency a good thing? Like it or not, the world has a limited amount of resources, so why not try to cut back on using them all up?

With the rate science makes new discoveries (especially in the incredibly complex climate field), what was thought 30 years ago is hardly relevant today. Just like what is thought to be the truth today may not be relevant in 30 years. But still, if there are indicators that we're fucking up the world isn't doing something about it a hell of a lot better than the wait and see option?

As for conspiracies, who are most likely to try to try to fool the public? Democratically elected representants from all over the world or the multinational corporations fearing a change in the world order?

On the other hand, 2012 is the most alarming proof that it's all just a conspiracy to keep people dumb. :P

LPChip

Actually, you just mentioned another statement that isn't true and what we've been told.

The resources are not unlimited, but we could harvest so many energy from resources other than what we currently use. Like from water, the sun (on a better way), wind, etc.

Why didn't we do this already?

It costs money to research these abilities, while the gain from the energy is too little. Basically, as soon as the profit from the energy is not worthwhile, people are not going to research it. If profit wasn't a factor, we wouldn't even have cars that run on gas/petrol/diesel any more.