[GAME]: Guess what this song is a remake of...

Started by LPChip, January 19, 2006, 14:43:33

Previous topic - Next topic

cyperkid

first i thought that i definitly know this one too.
but after some minutes of brain storming i came to the conclusion that the music just sounds familiar to me because they're all good old MOD-style  :D
commodore stole my childhood

DavidN

It's been a while, so here's another hint: It's from a game published by Apogee.

DavidN

I'd rather not have killed the topic, so to make it a bit more obvious: It was developed by Animation FX.

DavidN

(Completely flogging a dead thread)

Increasingly obvious clue #4: It has some towers in it. They're mystic.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

cyperkid

:shock:

i failed again. my childhood seems indeed to been totally wasted...

DavidN

LPChip

Quote from: "Wong"It was! How did you guess?

I dunno... :P It just came to me. :P

I'll find a nice song and make a remake of it, shortly.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

I'd like to change the rules a little bit. You don't have to make a new song as entry for us to guess. If you can record it to mp3, then thats okay too. Also, if you have the original file, its okay (except for midi, due to the different sound on each pc) So if you have a midi, just record to mp3/ogg on your system. You may also import in mpt if you can get something nice from it.

Don't forget to alter your original song so we can't see in its info what song we're guessing at. :)

Anyway, here's my next entry for ya'll to guess: http://lpchip.com/sharing/guess.zip

Good luck. :) Its a classic, but a well known classic.

speed-goddamn-focus

LPChip

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"Rise of the triads again?

nope. sorry.

DavidN

Yes it is - you've given the wrong link! I think the new one is http://lpchip.com/sharing/guess.it - I don't know what it is, though.

LPChip

OMG LOOOOOOOOOL

I forgot to upload the file.. DUH! :) File has now been uploaded.

cyperkid

LPChip

Quote from: "cyperkid"Duke3D

:D

Yup.. That one was easy wasn't it? :) ur turn.