[GAME]: Guess what this song is a remake of...

Started by LPChip, January 19, 2006, 14:43:33

Previous topic - Next topic

cyperkid

well...i'm a little bit confused which is the actual one right now...
we should keep order to avoid confusion/crossed communication
commodore stole my childhood

DavidN

That's the one, fisk0!

cyperkid - I think the only one that hasn't been answered is fisk0's one from over the page.

fisk0

Quote from: "Wong"cyperkid - I think the only one that hasn't been answered is fisk0's one from over the page.

Actually, it seems like Sam_Zen posted one too. But I can't remember it being there before, he must have edited his post or something.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "fisk0"Here's another one, until we somehow find out what that other one was.
http://medlem.spray.se/fisk0/temp/theme.it (edit: oops, wrong URL)

This game is about 10 years old, and has had an sequel (or, just another game based on the same writings, I don't really know) coming for a few years now, but as far as I know it is still unreleased.

This sounds like something from prince of persia, but I know that isn't right
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

cyperkid

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"
This sounds like something from prince of persia, but I know that isn't right

[spamming]
i'm recognizing a trumpet (or at least a sampled one) in it...
if this melody is connected to any cultural area at all, than it's more a melancholic Mexican death march than any Persian (its princes) related tune 8)
commodore stole my childhood

fisk0

Quote from: "cyperkid"i'm recognizing a trumpet (or at least a sampled one) in it...
if this melody is connected to any cultural area at all, than it's more a melancholic Mexican death march than any Persian (its princes) related tune 8)

Ah, that isn't in the original, in the original post there was something about changing the music a little (but still keeping it recognisable (spelling)), which I did.
The trumpet sample was added by me (and taken from a soundfont).

Quote from: "LPchip"The song that you post must be a remake or a simple remix. If its a remix, make sure that the style is as close to the original (which is close to a remake). So no completelly other style than the original song used to be. Eg: an house version of fur-elise is ofcource out of the question.

The original song does not have any of the instruments used in this version.

LPChip

Quote from: "fisk0"
The original song does not have any of the instruments used in this version.

But they are the same kind of instrument right? Otherwise I think its a too big change.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

fisk0

Quote from: "LPChip"But they are the same kind of instrument right? Otherwise I think its a too big change.

Hmm, no, not really. Though they are the same kind of instruments used through the whole soundtrack, this song didn't use most of them.

But the length of the tones are the same, and except for instrument changes no other real changes have been made to the song. Though I may not be surprised if you haven't played the game. It's one of the game that came around the same time as the first two Alone in the dark games, and is in the same style.

Well. I could post the original midi file if you want, though if you do not recognize the melody in this one, you may not recognize the original either.

DavidN

fisk0

Quote from: "Wong"Is it Shadow of the Comet?

Close. I don't think they have the same soundtrack, but as I haven't managed to get any music to play in my Shadow of the comet I'm not sure.
(Ouch, guess it got a little too easy now)

DavidN

Was it that sort of "Alone in the Dark 1 and a half" that was released just before the second one, then? Jack in the Dark, I think.

fisk0

Quote from: "Wong"Was it that sort of "Alone in the Dark 1 and a half" that was released just before the second one, then? Jack in the Dark, I think.

No, you were closer the last time. :)

Squirrel Havoc

Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

fisk0

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Leisure Suit Larry?  :lol:

This only gets worse. :)

LPChip

Fisk, Perhaps you can tell us what the correct answer is?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs