[GAME]: Guess what this song is a remake of...

Started by LPChip, January 19, 2006, 14:43:33

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidN

I know I've heard this before, but I can't place it! It's not one of the Streets of Rage games, is it?

MT

Yuzo Koshiro is one of my favourite composers, but nope, it's not Streets of Rage. ;)

cyperkid

commodore stole my childhood

LPChip

This song is a typical platformgame song with a hero with powers and such. like megaman etc... It isn't megaman is it?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

speed-goddamn-focus

Super Wonderboy? (I have no idea)

Golden Axe? (I'm just guessing wildly)

Squirrel Havoc

Vectorman? (Also just guessing)

Alls I knows is that it aint Shadowrun, which is my fave genesis/megadrive game, you gotta check it out
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

MT

Quote from: "LPChip"This song is a typical platformgame song with a hero with powers and such.. like megaman etc...
Yep.

Quote from: "LPChip"It isn't megaman is it?
Nope. ;)

Here's a massive hint: the game has a huge preoccupation with farm animals and absurd humour.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "MT"Here's a massive hint: the game has a huge preoccupation with farm animals and absurd humour.

Jurassic Park!  :lol:

Old Drunk Waldo Gets Too Friendly On The Farm!  :o  :shock:  :twisted:

I have no idea, and I've played hundreds of genesis games. Was it released in the US do you know?
-

DavidN

Oh, Earthworm Jim! It has to be - only Dave Perry's mind could come up with something like that.

"Anything but Tangerines" from Earthworm Jim 2, to be precise.

Squirrel Havoc

Doh! I only played the SNES version of earthworm jim (and the GBA version), but for some reason I didn't recognize the tune. Man I suck!  :P
-

cyperkid

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Doh! I only played the SNES version of earthworm jim (and the GBA version), but for some reason I didn't recognize the tune. Man I suck!  :P

believe me, i am disappointed by myself too.
for what did i spent most time of my life (so far) with games
commodore stole my childhood

MT

Quote from: "Wong"Oh, Earthworm Jim! It has to be - only Dave Perry's mind could come up with something like that.

"Anything but Tangerines" from Earthworm Jim 2, to be precise.
YES!  It's Anything but Tangerines by Tommy Tallarico, one of the gods of videogame music.

DavidN

Here's one by me - actually this was done absolutely years ago so it sounds pretty basic, but I think it's pretty close to the game in question.

To provide a complete non-hint, the game was made by the same people as one of the games that's already been mentioned.

http://wired.st-and.ac.uk/~wong/modsite/songs/wotsit.s3m

Squirrel Havoc

Wow, that sounds like Fatal Mission music, but I believe it isnt. Robin Burrows was a good programer, and for a programmer, a damn good musician.
-

LPChip

I've heard this one before. Heck, I actually have the original module somewhere on my HD.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs