[GAME]: Guess what this song is a remake of...

Started by LPChip, January 19, 2006, 14:43:33

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Rules are simple. I'll post a song that I've made (probably some time ago) and you have to guess where it originates from.

The winner may then post a song and we have to guess again...

EDIT: The song that you post must be a remake or a simple remix. If its a remix, make sure that the style is as close to the original (which is close to a remake). So no completelly other style than the original song used to be. Eg: an house version of fur-elise is ofcource out of the question.

Guess this one: http://lpchip.com/sharing/guess.it (this one contains 2 songs actually)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

BooT-SectoR-ViruZ

fuck.... i know this one  :D

btw: haha... LP does breakz
10 years on ModPlug... f#cking hell...

Soundcloud for B-S-V | Soundcloud for DX4-100 | Bandcamp for B-S-V

LPChip

Time to give a hint.

These two songs are heard in a C64 game, and the game is about music. ;)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

nope. The game starts with a T

The objective of the game is to create a song.

First you go to a device and play a little game. Based on this game, you'll get certain song facettes. Next you go to a synthesizer to add dynamics to your song. Then you go to the studio to make a good mix of it. If you do really well, you can go to the studio to make a movie clip.

Squirrel Havoc

Do the songs have to be from games, or can they be any well known song?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

cyperkid

i got a flash to
"Jumpin' Jackson",
but my device was A500 & don't know how it was called in C64
commodore stole my childhood

LPChip

Songs has to be from a game or something on television.

Its not Jumpin Jackson. (it was also called that on the c64)

cyperkid

Quote from: "LPChip"Songs has to be from a game or something on television.

now i'm a little bit concerned...
does anybody here really have a TV??

speed-goddamn-focus

If I had played the game I probably would have guessed it by know... But I do have a TV.

Squirrel Havoc

Forget the TV, does anyone here have a C64?  :P  ::)
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"Forget the TV, does anyone here have a C64?  :P  ::)

I had a C64 for a long time until it finally gave up to me. I still have all the discs converted to emulator format so I can still play the games.

DavidN

I had a C64. I never really had any games for it, though.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Wong"I had a C64. I never really had any games for it, though.
that's so sad...

cyperkid

by the way: is this contest still running?
i am definitly interested what the original source of the module was!
8)