playing with Rabten

Started by Sam_Zen, March 12, 2009, 01:08:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

So I loaded VSTi Delay Lama, assigned it to FX01 in the General tab, and made it nr 01 in the Instrument tab.
Opened the GUI with Edit of the General tab. Now the plugin can be played with the pc-keyboard.

5 different monks can be chosen as preset. Actually variations of the parameters, like echo and higher harmonics.
So I wrote some notes, jumping 8 rows, in the pattern. When played back, it was not the same as the keyboard.
The notes just kept sounding, without the fading out of the echoes.
I added a "=" stop code before the next note, but it didn't help, just an abrupt stopping. So now what ?

I noticed at 'Parameter' in General tab 4 different ones :
80: PortTime - 81: Vowel - 82: Delay - 83: HeadSize
How do I call them and set some value ?

Nahkranoth

Just tried it, Sam, and everything works fine, when note stops, i can hear the delay line fading. Maybe you're using some older OMPT version?
About parameters, you can change vowel and every other parameter in realtime, all you need is to automate them. Press Zxx in Pattern View, click on the slot of the macro for example SF0 (Set Filter Cutoff by def.)
Modify macro and Type should be now:
0 (SF0), Contol Plugin Param...
Now in Generate Macro panel select plugin, which param you want to automate.
Now in pattern view enter some notes, and in the effect col. type "SF0".
Now you will see in status bar the description of effect:
Set active macro to 0: param 1 (Vowel)
Now in that channel you can automate the vowel using zxx or \xx command :D

LPChip

Sam, do you actually hold the keys in the instrument tab for that long? cus if you just quickly press the key, you should put the == right after the note: like so:

C-4 01...
==

If thats still to late, try SC2 as effect on the note.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

Thanks a lot.
My version is build .53, so nothing wrong with that.
I didn't hold that key for that long of course, I just wanted to stop the sound before the new note.
I read here '=='. Maybe I did wrong because I used a single '='..
Quite some procedure here with a lot of new items and codes, so I will learn them step by step, taking the time.

Saga Musix

uhm, what? Note-offs are always shown as "==", not as "=". :)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

Sorry for the confusion. I typed a "=", but I didn't notice that it's shown as a double one in the example.

uncloned

Sam,

I'm really looking forward to what you will be able to do with a bunch of VSTs and VSTIs!! :-)

Sam_Zen

Yep, me too..
I'm already wondering how I could manage to let these different monks sing together via multiple pattern channels.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"how I could manage to let these different monks sing together via multiple pattern channels.
By using multiple instances of DelayLama, since this VSTi is not multitimbral.

Saga Musix

Exactly. Just load the VSTi several times.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

I see. Assigning the VSTi to several FXnn. Then instrument 1 can be preset different from instrument 2.

uncloned

Do you guys know about this?

http://www.nashnet.co.uk/experiment/

it is Revisit which puts a tracker with an IT interface into your DAW like a VSTi.

To be honest I've not used it.

But in combination with Reaper (which looks a lot like Sonar) it could interest people happy with tracking but would like the graphical audio mastering ability like Sonar - all for free.

http://www.reaper.fm/

(they want you to pay $50 if you like the fully functional download)

Saga Musix

I just had a look at the page and it claims that reViSiT is the first tracker with dedicated surround sound options. How old is reViSiT? I doubt that it's older than ModPlug's quad surround feature.

psishock

Quote from: "uncloned"Do you guys know about this?
Yep.
But we have proper trackers with VST(i) capabilities, so basically its useless in the end (in my point of view).
Quote from: "Jojo"How old is reViSiT?
hmmm, it's been on the net for some time (can be years?) but i doubt 2, that it's older than (o)mpt.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Psi,

I don't use a tracker unless I want easy sample playback at multiple frequencies.

Having that as a VSTi could be useful in my Sonar environment - or Reaper