playing with Rabten

Started by Sam_Zen, March 12, 2009, 01:08:45

Previous topic - Next topic

psishock

ic Uncloned, i found the tracker environment very much satisfying for my work/needs, but i can understand that other hosts can have their own benefits too. Even can be easier and/or faster to work on them, from some possible point of view. That's where reViSiT is getting interesting for people, who are used (on the older days) to the tracer interface.
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

uncloned

Hi Psi,

When I'm in Sonar I can cut apart performances (or midi) into pieces of any length and then move them around in time + tracks and build what sounds like a considered composition from a series of improvisations. In that sense Sonar is really powerful and a tracker could do it, but with difficulty (I've done it).

Reaper could do that from the look of it.

But I still don't want to give up OMPT - especially the microtonal aspect.

Sam_Zen

Is Sonar a host too ?

psishock

But of course, one of the best sequencers in the market (hmmm, no...i should say, one of the most popular. The "big ones" are almost identically powerful nowdays). I'm sure you will remember this name "Cakewalk".
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

tvdude

Hi Sam.  I had a similiar problem with this vsti.  I had no control over the volume no matter what I did.  I believe I was using version .46 at the time.  In the end, I routed delay lama to a vst effect called classic eq, which I did have control over.  It worked.  I find that some of my vsts and vsti's don't work that well in modplug, but it is a minor annoyance, for the most part, modplug handles vsts, and vsti's  very well.  Most of the leads in my songs are vsti's, and as well as the bass lines, I use some samples for drums, and sf2 as well for other things.  I use mostly vsts for effects.

If you go to my website,

http://www.7161.com/css_artist.cfm?user=7842

you can hear delay lama in the tune called, "The Return".  The vsti is subtle, and not used extensively, but should appear about 3/4 of the way through the song.  It is routed through classic eq, which in turn is routed through a vst called skidder.  I ended up with the desired volume and effect.  

By the way, the grungy sounding guitar with the ping pong effect in the "The Return" is processed throught a vst called Elottronix XL, which always turns itself off when the song ends.  You have to turn it on every time you want to hear the song. Maybe it's a bug, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Sorry if my post is a little late and irrelavent.
tvdude
"If you look ten feet into a five foot well, you will see what you choose to see."

Saga Musix

if the plugin doesn't accept MIDI volume, you can change the volume using the dry/wet ratio.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

2 tvdude Nice work with The Return. And, apart from the monk, a very good production anyway.