Korg Synthesizer now for the Nintendo DS! :)

Started by LPChip, October 14, 2008, 20:07:40

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Okay, this actually is a bit of older news, as it was released some weeks ago, yet I learned about it today, and I'm going to buy it tomorrow :D

Curious about what it is? Then check this youtube one out.

Oh and Sam_Zen, if you have a DS, you're going to want one too! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK1K_jJ08Rc
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

I don't have a DS, and don't need one. But this looks quite nice.
I'm sure that the device has more possibilities than this quite primitive demonstration.

residentgrey

I have heard of the ds 10, one of me buddies messes with it.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Louigi Verona

I wonder how good it is. I have M3 Real card so all I need is to find where to download the ROM.

LPChip

I couldn't get it to work with my CycloDS, so I bought one. Its very good actually. Perhaps a little bit limited, but its so much fun. It has a sequencer even to make a full song with it. Oh yeah, a big toy. :D
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

With M3 Real it should work fine. But do you have the ROM?

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"With M3 Real it should work fine. But do you have the ROM?

You can google it ;) And I have a real plastic one :D

Louigi Verona

Louigi Verona

LPChip

It certainly is. I already made 2 songs with it, and I can say that doing chiptunes really pays off for this. Did some things you'd not expect possible with this :D I added a polyphony Guitar as 3rd instrument :nuts: while still having a basedrum and snare.

Louigi Verona

Wow? Like how did you do that?
Pity you cannot edit volumes there - at least I haven't found yet.

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Wow? Like how did you do that?
Pity you cannot edit volumes there - at least I haven't found yet.

Yes you can :)

Its very flexible actually, Most things can be automated using an OSC or you can draw a note and set its volume and duration. (duration being 100% or smaller than one block, or slide through the next.

I'll soon get my songs recorded to youtube so you can see and listen to it. I'll also make mp3s available.

Louigi Verona

found volume editing. I still don't understand how patching works. not yet.

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"found volume editing. I still don't understand how patching works. not yet.

Patching is quite easilly, you just have to learn how the flow goes.

On the left, you have a speed knob. This controls an OSC. That osc moves to the bottom then to the right to 4 outputs. A triangle, saw, square and a random one. By connecting these to any of the upper, you can control them. Next on top, you have Pitch all, Pitch 1 and Pitch 2. They control the pitch for the 2 sounds that are available per synth. On the right, there's the control for filter cut-off, and on that right, there's the volume. The EG on the bottom right, is something about the entire patch. Not sure how that one works yet, and the VCL2 or so out is for the 2nd sound in the synth. (something like that)

The knobs determine how much of a change you want.

The other editing scheme is actually much easier to understand. If you have a question about that, shoot.

Louigi Verona

the other scheme I have no questions about too )