Hi,
This is Morteza from India. im planning to build an
Electronic Embedded Device which can Read .MOD files and
play them, well i did a few googling on the net and i found
that ModPlug is the best software for producing MOD files or
i better say Amiga music files on PC. for my project i need
complete information about structure of .MOD files and it
would be very helpful if i can have a look at the source
code of this software. i'll be grateful if you help me.

best regards.
Virgo

Sam_Zen

Yep, welcome, Morteza. Nice plans you have.
Are you aware of the fact that, among the module formats, .MOD is a quite restricted one ?
You better check out the .XM and .IT formats as well.

Thanks, älskling ! I missed that format description in my collection.

morteza_kianian

Thanks you very much guys. i'll surely look at .XM and .IT file format too. thanks for the advise.
Virgo

Saga Musix

be aware at XM and especially IT are a lot more hardware-demanding than plain mod files. Don't forget this on embedded devices.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

morteza_kianian

OK i see. so can anyone send me any link regarding .XM or .IT formats? i couldn't find any good link. and could you please explain why is it more Hardware-demanding? the problem is i can't understand the difference between these file formats :oops:  because they almost work the same way.
Virgo

Saga Musix

those formats have many features which MOD doesn't have, like volume/panning/pitch/filter (XM partly, IT all of them) envelopes or resonant filters (IT). Those are a few reasons why most modules will need more cpu time. Impulse Tracker and Fast Tracker ][ both come with very little format description and even less playback description, so i fear this is a rather complicated task :\
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Sam_Zen

2 morteza
If you did a search you could have found this information in the tech-doc department of this forum, but anyway ..:

Descriptions of the IT format and the XM format.

morteza_kianian

thank you. im very happy to see you are really contributing in this project. at the moment im just reading the file structures. i have to understand it completely first. please feel free to express your ideas which you feel are useful for me.
Virgo

Sam_Zen

Well, first feel free to express your ideas after you've read and understand the file structures.

morteza_kianian

Virgo