Korg Synthesizer now for the Nintendo DS! :)

Started by LPChip, October 14, 2008, 20:07:40

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

I've uploaded my 2 songs as mp3 and on youtube. They're now also in the free music downloads forum.

But especially for you lazy gits out there, here are the links. :)

Wandering
Baseflow

EDIT: I now got my CycloDS to work with the Korg DS-10 game. Ofcource I also have bought the game, and I would've done anyway, but that way I can backup my songs to my pc, and possibly share it. :)

I basically had to update my firmware. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

Btw, I listened to the demo songs there and they rock. At first I thought they were just loops, but they are actually whole songs if you play them in song mode.

And I found out you can edit drum sounds and put separate effects on them... simply wow! Haven't found out whether you can switch effects on and off in different patterns or if effects are for an overall song...

Will check your tunes when I get home from work.

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Btw, I listened to the demo songs there and they rock. At first I thought they were just loops, but they are actually whole songs if you play them in song mode.

And I found out you can edit drum sounds and put separate effects on them... simply wow! Haven't found out whether you can switch effects on and off in different patterns or if effects are for an overall song...

Will check your tunes when I get home from work.

Effects are songbased, but I dunno what happens if you put the master Effects over the drum effects. Each drum can have its own effect, and the master can have an effect. Perhaps flanger AND echo? :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Louigi Verona

I would use delay on, say, hihats or a snare individually to increase groove. Then a flanger can be put on top )

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"I would use delay on, say, hihats or a snare individually to increase groove. Then a flanger can be put on top )

Thats what I ment :boogie:

Louigi Verona

Wrote a good theme after all. You know how it happens sometimes, you like the software/hardware, but just can't get anything done with it. I mean I've never made a decent tune with Scream Tracker 3, my fav tracker.
However, today in the morning on my way to work I managed to write a nice theme there, right in the subway, in spite of all the noise. Maybe I come up with the whole tune soon!

LPChip

Louigi Verona

Yeah, but keep in mind that it still sounds pretty lame compared to the demos in the synth.

Louigi Verona

eh. hadn't much time to complete my tunes.
btw, how do you encode them to mp3?

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"eh. hadn't much time to complete my tunes.
btw, how do you encode them to mp3?

I plug my DS into the line-in of my pc and record it to wav using a wave editor (Creative WaveStudio is my tool here) and then I use lame MP3 encoder to encode it to mp3.

LPChip

Louigi Verona

At last I've started a tune with which I am more or less happy. All the tunes I did before were crap. Will put it out soon.

LPChip

Louigi Verona

Yeah, well I finished one track so today in the eve I'll just have to record it to computer.
I also made another track but it is ambient and sound experimental and it is so long that I had to use three files for it. Pity that there is a length limit.
Maybe what I will really do is arrange it live while recording it from line in.

LPChip

Quote from: "Louigi Verona"Yeah, well I finished one track so today in the eve I'll just have to record it to computer.
I also made another track but it is ambient and sound experimental and it is so long that I had to use three files for it. Pity that there is a length limit.
Maybe what I will really do is arrange it live while recording it from line in.

Most do. :)