New version of ModPlug Tracker

Started by Really Weird Person, January 03, 2006, 04:42:34

Previous topic - Next topic

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"First I thought : Grid ? What grid ? But after more close investigation I noticed for the first time four extremely thin, so badly visible, vertical lines in the envelope pane.
This is because your screen or eyes are crap. :)
QuoteBut, at least, this gives progress, because it is some relation between the length of the envelope and time.
It gives exact relation. :)

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Dj Cruk CHIKIN"Well... I learned a few useful things there.... But... i know of somehitng else you can maybe add to MPT... Maybe... you can put on the side all of the samples in your sample library, and have them single click and selsected. i find it annoying having to keep goin to "load" and find the sample. it would be more convinient if we had it similar to the way friutyloops does it... Just a suggestion :)
You don't have to go to "load", just drag and drop samples or instruments from the treeview to the sample editor or the instrument editor. You can even load samples or instruments from other songs this way. If you just want to preview a sample in the tree, either double click it or select it and play on the keyboard. Personally I think the "load" button should be removed just because the treeview is so much better than the other options.

Sam_Zen

2 speed-goddamn-focus
Probably both screen and eyes, but this is no excuse for presenting a line with a width of 1 pixel. :)

rewbs

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"2 speed-goddamn-focus
Probably both screen and eyes, but this is no excuse for presenting a line with a width of 1 pixel. :)
I see many lines of a width of 1 pixel in that sentence. :P

IMHO the main thing that is missing from the tree view (and the load dialog) is the ability to load many samples/instrument into a track very quickly.

Diamond

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"Personally I think the "load" button should be removed just because the treeview is so much better than the other options.

Not for me.  I'm visually impaired.  The load button/shortcut is much more convenient in my case.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Diamond"Not for me.  I'm visually impaired.  The load button/shortcut is much more convenient in my case.
I was just half joking, cause it seems so many users are unaware of how useful the tree view really is (unless of course you're visually impaired, then I guess it's pretty much useless). Removing features for such reasons is just too Apple tho. Think different my ass. Think same is more like it.

Really Weird Person

What do you mean by "Removing such features is too Apple, though."?

rewbs

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"What do you mean by "Removing such features is too Apple, though."?
He's referring to the way in which Apple Macs readily abandon mildly superfluous features (e.g. the right mouse button).

Really Weird Person

That is definitely true. They also abandon the use of a wheel (meaning on a wheel mouse, duh). The PC allows users to scroll with a wheel instead of having to click & drag the scroll bar up & down every time. However, the Mac does  not allow that.

speed-goddamn-focus

The lack of a eject buttons is another off-topic example ;)

Really Weird Person

BTW, the Mac does have a "right click". If you hold the mouse button down, your result is the right click (in certain applications). BTW, I do not use a Mac @ home, however, I do when I am @ school most of the time (in fact, I do niot think that we will be using them @ all this semester). Last semester I used a PC for both my 2nd & 6th periods. 2nd period was Web Design, & 6th period was Intro to Computer Applications. 2nd period is now Current Events & 6th period is now Phy Ed.

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

HEEEEH MACS ARE SLOWWW AND THEY CRASH ALOT :D
Eat... Its good for you.

Really Weird Person

So do PC's (especially if you are using Windows? 98)! Windows? XP is a much better choice (unless, of course, you absolutely want to play things like OMF 2097 & Rayman (neither work very well @ all in Windows? XP, but work excellent in Windows? 98, unless, of course, your computer crashes)! Windows? XP is much more stable than Windows? 98! I have both Windows? XP Professional & Windows? 98, but I do not really use the Windows? 98 part. That is mainly because I do not believe that it even works. Even if it did, I would not be able to use the Internet on it. My birthday is a week from yesterday! I will become a 16-year old self instead of a 15-year old self!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75!

Really Weird Person

That's weird, odd, wodd, odd, weird! I submitted my post, & the 1st 8 was a "cool" smilie, not an 8! That is weird, odd, wodd, odd, weird!

Really Weird Person

Bad post! We have used them this semester. We have gone to the computer lab (a room with a lot of desks with Mac computers on them). We also did some presentations today (using a smart board (kind of like having a tablet Mac (tablet Mac? Weird!)