New version of ModPlug Tracker

Started by Really Weird Person, January 03, 2006, 04:42:34

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"So, LPChip, what does someone have that you want? Does someone have a song that sounds cool, so you want a copy of it?

Music wise, that someone needs to have a special vibe in his tracks. A melodic structure should be there, although its not that important. Most of all the song may not be repetive. If the vibe is like a tone resonating in the same key, then you have me pinned.

Eg: a rythmic structure on a D or whatever note that is strong...
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"How do I do that? I have a web site (whcih can be found @ http://caleb.dnsalias.com/caleb). I do have it open in Dreamweaver? 8 right now (& I plan to keep it open until I get some info on how to make a download link).

Wodd sent me the song, and I've uploaded it to my site.

here's the link: http://lpchip.com/sharing/Strangestest.zip
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

Did you listen to the song? It is pretty long, isn't it? The songs length is 80 patterns! See, 16 patterns is not nearly as much as it sounds like. When I 1st saw that your newer "Open" MPT (whatever the open part means) allowed up to 1,024 rows/pattern, I thought that it was cool. However, I now realize, after doing Strangestest.it, that 16 patterns is not much. Granted, after doing the 1st long mix with an updated version that allows up to 64 1,024 row patterns/pattern or 1,024 64 row patterns/pattern (65,5536 rows), if you do make an update) I will probably realize how little that will probably be, also. Although, I am not sure yet.

Really Weird Person

So, LPChip, I see that you have a link to the song now. I see that you also compressed it (meaning put it in your pocket, then zipped your pocket). That pocket thing is a joker, not an ace, a 2, a 3, a 4, a 5, a 6, a 7, an 8, a 9, a 10, a jack, a queen, or a king.

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"So, LPChip, I see that you have a link to the song now. I see that you also compressed it (meaning put it in your pocket, then zipped your pocket). That pocket thing is a joker, not an ace, a 2, a 3, a 4, a 5, a 6, a 7, an 8, a 9, a 10, a jack, a queen, or a king.

Im not entirelly sure what you mean, but I compressed the file so people with a less faster internet connection can still download the file without having to wait an additional time.

rewbs

Don't you love that infuriating little feeling you get when you witness two people completely failing to understand each other? :)
This thread is awesome!

Snu

Quote from: "rewbs"Don't you love that infuriating little feeling you get when you witness two people completely failing to understand each other? :)
This thread is awesome!
i dont get it....

:)

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

u know... i even thoght 64 channels was more than enough...

also.... rewbs... how do u pronounce ur name?
Eat... Its good for you.

rewbs

Quote from: "Dj Cruk CHIKIN"also.... rewbs... how do u pronounce ur name?
Like bewbs, or pewbs.

Squirrel Havoc

Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Really Weird Person

I did not think that 64 channels cut it for putting songs on 1 pattern. I have put 2 songs on 1 pattern now (separate songs). I took the stadium music, & put all 24 patterns on 1 (96 channels), & I took the Danger Room music & did the same thing (65 channels). So 128 channels did it for those.

Squirrel Havoc

Why do you need to only have one pattern per song? That doesnt make sense
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

I think the whole point of patterns is to keep the song organized and sounding good, usually using multiples of 2 or 4. one pattern per song will make it big, bulky and hard to manage. When you want to go back to a certain place to fix up a few errors or bugs in the song, theres too many rows and numbers to know where the bug was. So really, patterns should be kept at a good length like 256 or something MAX. Also, if you really wanna mix other songs together, the songs can still be played with patterns blockin the way :?
Eat... Its good for you.

Really Weird Person

They were done just for the fun of it; & for the weirdness of it. Trust me, they do definitely sound weird.

Dj Cruk CHIKIN

I thnk another thing u can add to MPT is a shortcut for the octave things.. unless there already is one  8)
Eat... Its good for you.