new project request: modplugin under flash

Started by bachterman, March 23, 2006, 08:12:14

Previous topic - Next topic

bachterman

it would be so nice to have a simple swf that plays mods on my site, because nobody can/like install(ing) plugins into the program files dir.

LPChip

I don't think .swf files can play modules. So you'll have to convert them to an mp3 file, and insert those in your .swf to play on your site.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

rewbs

Do you mean implementing a mod player in ActionScript? This wouldn't really be a feature request, more a new project request. :)
Last time I looked at the audio API for ActionScript (a few years ago) it wasn't that great.. I couldn't see any way to do anything very elaborate... but things might have evolved...

fisk0

Perhaps not totally on topic, but related anyway:
Are there any Java modplayers which could be implemented into a site?
(if they play the modules good it wouldn't hurt either).

DavidN

Using a Vitalize applet might be the solution (if anyone had ever heard of Vitalize in the first place).

bachterman

thanks for the quick reply, guys!
lpchip: the mp3 conversion isn't a very good idea, because of the limited space on my free hosting server.
rewbs: i rewrote the topic's name ;)
fisk0: no idea. the modplugin supports java commands from outside.
wong: never heard of it. after a google search i found a vitalize plugin, that is a very safe web-browser plug in, that allows you to experience rich multimedia applications and action packed games

DavidN

It is indeed - the trouble is that after reading it a bit further, I think the applications are entirely self-contained, meaning they can't reference external files at all. That seems a bit unlikely to me, though.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "bachterman"lpchip: the mp3 conversion isn't a very good idea, because of the limited space on my free hosting server.

you know what they say; there's no such thing as a free host.

bachterman

s-g-f: your avatar: my keboard has some wicked characters, too :) (???ő???ű)
my host has some dumb framebanner stuff that is easy to bypass with a target="_top" tag :)
and has 200 mb, webftp and php/mysql. and there you have it: a free host. 8)
se for yourself: http://www.uw.hu

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"
Quote from: "bachterman"lpchip: the mp3 conversion isn't a very good idea, because of the limited space on my free hosting server.

you know what they say; there's no such thing as a free host.

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "bachterman"my host has some dumb framebanner stuff that is easy to bypass with a target="_top" tag :)
and has 200 mb, webftp and php/mysql. and there you have it: a free host. 8)
se for yourself: http://www.uw.hu
You could also steal money, use a paid service and call that a free host.  :wink:

bachterman

s-g-f: goddamn it, i got your point :oops: