New version of ModPlug Tracker

Started by Really Weird Person, January 03, 2006, 04:42:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Really Weird Person

An hour long song? That is not much. Especially if you consider the fact that I have mixed a 69 pattern song (patterns 14 & 15 are 128 rows, & all of the other 1's are 64 rows) with a song that is 13 patterns (13 straight 64 row patterns). That mix is done (80 patterns, every 5th pattern, rows = 320, every other pattern, rows = 1,024), & I can promise you that is probably @ least 3 hours (maybe more, maybe less). I have not actually listened to the whole song itself in 1 sitting; however, I believe that it is probably @ least 3 hours. ModPlug Tracker does not to the most excellent job @ calculating the time for a song that has position jumps in it. ModPlug Tracker says that the song is only 3:46, but I know that it is much longer than that. I have other songs that are over an hour. For example, I have 1 song that is 1:18:00 (78:00) long! It is actually a mixture of 3 songs in 1! I have another 1 that is probably @ least an hour. Again, just like the other song (the 2 part mix), I am not sure because you have that position jump problem.

rewbs

Wodd, can you make this 3h song available for download?
I'd really like to check it out. It might provide me with insight for ideas to improve MPT for the way you use it.

Really Weird Person

How do I do that? I have a web site (which can be found @ http://caleb.dnsalias.com/caleb). I do have it open in Dreamweaver? 8 right now (& I plan to keep it open until I get some info on how to make a download link).

Sam_Zen

You present a rather complicated nested structure of a song, which could be presented in another serial way within the current options.
So I don't see a reason for a new version here.

shableep

ahah dude! wodd, you have omf 2097 music on your webpage. awesome.

btw, wodd, how old are you? i'm just really curious.

Really Weird Person

I have now made 2 links on my web page.

1. ModPlug Tracker download (works)
2. Strangestest.it download (does not work)

My dad & I have tried to make the 2nd link work, but we couldn't.

I am using Dreamweaver? 8 to edit my web page.

My dad & I tried several things to get the song download to work for you, but we could not do it.

Really Weird Person

Have you heard of &/or played OMF 2097? I used to play that game all the time! That is until I got Winoows? XP installed on my computer. I like Windows? XP, though. However, just like everything else, it has its pros & cons. BTW, I am 15 years old. My birthday is February 26th. Another game that I liked to play is Rayman?. Have you ever heard of &/or played Rayman?? I am guessing that you went to my page and played some of the MP3 files that I have. Is that a pretty good guess? Did you look @ any of the links, or did you just listen to the music? I like to listen to music. That is the other thing that I use ModPlug Tracker for. BTW I used ModPlug Tracker to do all of the mixes on that page. Have you ever heard of &/or played Insaniquarium? The 3 hour song is a mix of the Danger Room arena's music (from OMF 2097) & all of Insaniquarium's music. I think I will add 2 things to my site right now.

1. Elegost!.mp3 (actually the music from Insaniquarium, not The Lord of the Rings:  The Third Age)
2. a link to a really cool site (www.sudoku.com).

Have you ever tried to solve sudoku puzzles? I have a game for my computer called Sudoku (found on www.sudoku.com).

Sudoku allows you to make up to a 16x16 grid! That is really weird!

speed-goddamn-focus

I like sudoku except that I get angry if I can't solve it within reasonable time.

Really Weird Person

I have made some minor updates to my page now. You can go to caleb.dnsalias.com/caleb to find them.

Really Weird Person

That was weird. When I found my topic, I noticed something weird. The poll has disappared! I guess someone was getting annoyed with it, so they removed it.

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"That was weird. When I found my topic, I noticed something weird. The poll has disappared! I guess someone was getting annoyed with it, so they removed it.

That person was me :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

rewbs

Don't worry, LPChip is a Really Weird Person too, he was just jealous.

LPChip

Quote from: "rewbs"Don't worry, LPChip is a Really Weird Person too, he was just jealous.

Shh... That supposed to be only between us... :P
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

So, LPChip, what does someone have that you want? Does someone have a song that sounds cool, so you want a copy of it?