Barryvan Compo: Round 6 Begins!

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 31, 2008, 06:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

Yep, thanks for entering, LP! And thanks for reminding me about the confirmation emails, S_Z - I've now sent them out. :)

Nahkranoth

I hope I'm not late, uploading now! Will enter asap.

LPChip

I guess the deadline is set till tomorrow?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Nahkranoth

After 3 hours of hellish f#ckage I still can't upload anything anywhere! AARGH!!!
I won't forgive myself if I'm gonna miss the deadline :evil:

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Nahkranoth

4,5 mb. After it's got finally uploaded i get the error message about wrong picture code. I'm sure I typed it right. Maybe something's wrong with my connection, I almost gave up :cry:
[EDIT] The problem is I can't re-upload. With any browser.

bvanoudtshoorn

Hey Nahkranoth - if you can email me the track, I can put it up on my server for you. Or if you could put it up on a google page, or anywhere that I can get at it, I'll put it up on my server. :)

And yeah, LP, the deadline is still tomorrow. Chicago time, because I haven't bothered putting in a time offset yet. :D

Nahkranoth

What a dumbass I am! I never even thought of sending by email :D
But right now I'm trying uploading to sendspace. So far the process seems to move. If everything is OK I will enter the track to the compo with sendspace link. And if you can host it at compo site, then I would be forever grateful, maybe call my son Barry. Just joking :D

bvanoudtshoorn

Just forty hours left to enter! Five entries so far, with room for more!

Get your entries in now!

Sam_Zen

2 Nahkranoth
Transport by email is only an emergency solution, because the attachment will increase 50 % in size due to coding.
So still better to look for an accessible free host on the web, so you'll just have to mail the link.

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Transport by email is only an emergency solution, because the attachment will increase 50 % in size due to coding.
So still better to look for an accessible free host on the web, so you'll just have to mail the link.
I thought this UUE or other coding is a thing from the past.
Anyways, the problem is solved so head to the compo, download and vote!  :D

Sam_Zen

Quotethis UUE or other coding is a thing from the past
You could be right. I didn't kept track of these developments.

Well, so far if choosing 'download and vote' at http://test.pbc.wa.edu.au/compo/?page=vote
I get a dialog to enter another compo, with the message 'Voting closed'..

bvanoudtshoorn

Just two and a half hours until you can start voting as I write this. :) The competition is running at GMT-5 time; at some stage, I'll either change this to plain GMT, or GMT+8 (my timezone).

bvanoudtshoorn

Voting is open!

You can now go cast your vote at the Barryvan Compo. There are six fantastic tracks to vote on:

» Var Plus (Sam Samshuijzen)
» Enigma (Chris Vaisvil / Clones)
» Enigma Intensity (LPChip)
» Cross the Line (DeeKyoo)
» Kadath (Nahkranoth)
» (She was an) Enigma (aGp)

Head over to the compo website and vote now!

Thanks to all six entrants this round - you've all written great tracks. :)

Sam_Zen

Well, quite difficult, 6 quite different tracks is a lot to judge.
As music , I like the track by DeeJyoo maybe the most, but I don't see any connection with the compo theme.
It's a pity for the resolution, that the choice is only upto the third.
Voted.