Barryvan Compo: Round 6 Begins!

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 31, 2008, 06:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Links work. I think it's a bit poor to have a bitmap with the note-score as source for inspiration.
This is more a prescription than an inspiration.

Nahkranoth

It's just a graphic representation of the music. Since those notes mean nothing to me I rather have my inspiration from the sound. Gladly there are multiple sources to listen to. And it already worked for me - I feel more than inspired :twisted:  Can't wait to finish the daily routine work and put them notes down in tha tracker :D

bvanoudtshoorn

Quote from: "Sam_Zen"Links work. I think it's a bit poor to have a bitmap with the note-score as source for inspiration.
This is more a prescription than an inspiration.

How do you mean, Sam_Zen? It's the same technique that I've used in many of the previous rounds... I'm not trying to prescribe anything - I just want to represent the inspiration in as many different ways as I possibly can, so that it's as universal as possible. In other words, I want people who can't read notation to be able to see it in a tracker/sequencer, and those who don't use a tracker to be able to listen to in an MP3/MIDI file, and so on. :)

@Nahkranoth: I'm glad that you're already feeling inspired. :D Can't wait to hear what you come up with.

Sam_Zen

2 Barry
Never mind. I was in a mood to nag about something, I guess.

bvanoudtshoorn

Only four days left to get your entries in!

Enter now!

Nahkranoth

I hope this time I'll finish my track BEFORE the deadline. As always I've got an interesting intro and everything else is crap :D
No entries at all :shock:  I don't want tho be the only one, there must be someone else to compete! (Not that I like competitions, but it's not fair :oops: )

Sam_Zen

C'mon, Nahkranoth, I'm sure you can beat me.. :)

uncloned

ack - I can't make his one Barry - sorry!

I had planned on it - too many things occurred.....

But you have more entries this time?

bvanoudtshoorn

Don't worry about not making it. :)

So far, I have three entries.

Nahkranoth

And guess what happened to me on Friday after my last post here:
My motherboard got f***d up! Somehow it can't find my video card, which is working fine for sure. Today I'll see what's really causing the problem (I took the whole box with me to where I bought it). But it will be in the late evening and I don't know when it will be fixed. So no entry from me, Barry.
Ahh, what a wonderful weekend! :cry_fists:

bvanoudtshoorn

Tell you what, Nahkranoth -- if you still want to enter, I'll accept a late entry from you. Just PM/email me. :)

Nahkranoth

I just hope they will fix the damned thing soon, 2-3 days max I think. For now I'll have to wait.
Thanks, Barry, I'll try to enter if there is still time.

uncloned

Barry - extension?

Honestly I'd could use some R&R and your compo is a good reason.

Been really busy.

bvanoudtshoorn

Well, I can't just extend it, 'cos I've already got a vote or two... Tell you what, though. Send me an email with your entry (and any comments you want included), and I'll put it through for this round as well. All it means is that you might miss a few voters' ears; probably not many, 'cos nearly everyone waits until the last possible moment to vote. :)

uncloned