Barryvan Compo: Round 6 Begins!

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 31, 2008, 06:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

bvanoudtshoorn

That's fantastic, Sam_Zen! I look forward to hearing what you come up with. Glad you've got a working system back up, too.

uncloned

Thanks Barry - but I just entered to try to bulk up the field for the compo.

Considering there were only two entries it is a well.... mild acomplishment.

But it IS the first compo I have ever one. So now I can say I won one.

Barry - any idea if the review compo is still alive?

I saw that promise for the winner of the next round but Tricky has yet to answer my question about the round I won.

It actually would be an interesting excercise to be reviewed by people on this song because I did't expect Water Will Flow Everywhere to be of real interest to anyone but me.

bvanoudtshoorn

Well, still, congratulations on winning, clones. :)

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea about whether the review compo is still alive. It sort of went by the by with the whole Space Walk palaver at TiS... :/

Sam_Zen

Just delivered my contribution on the Enigma Variation theme.

bvanoudtshoorn

Thanks Sam_Zen! I didn't have access to my site until now, so I wasn't able to confirm it. But I have now. :)

Again, thanks for entering.

bvanoudtshoorn

Ten days to enter!
Come on people - ten days left to enter the competition, and I've only got one entry! Enter Now!

Sam_Zen

Well, maybe I will be the winner this time, due to lack of competitors.. :)

Nahkranoth

I want to write something for the compo but atm my musics suck so much...
Damn, when it will end? Gotta stop playing with those synths and make something worth keeping :)

LPChip

I might enter a song too. :)

Depends if I can make something or not in just 10 days. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Awesome! :) Bear in mind that I won't speak to either of you again if you don't, Nahkranoth & LP. :P Just kidding! If you can come up with something, that'd be great, though.

psishock

QuoteDamn, when it will end? Gotta stop playing with those synths and make something worth keeping
Practising is always neccessary for developing your technical expression and quality, you will feel when you are ready to make something worthwhile for your expectations.

...and most of all, sound engineering is fun! =)
I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

LPChip

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Awesome! :) Bear in mind that I won't speak to either of you again if you don't, Nahkranoth & LP.

What, you speak to us now?  :o  :shock: :nuts:

EDIT: I just read in the rules that you need to have voted in a previous round in order to participate. If you're okay with me voting in a future compo as compromise, I'll still try to come up with something. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

uncloned

ok Barry.... for me its speed composing.

I'll toss in my hat

bvanoudtshoorn

@LP: No, you don't have to have voted before - that wasn't really working. I meant to take that line out - thanks for reminding me.

NOTICE: You don't have to have voted to be able to enter!

@Clones: Awesome! I look forward to it. :)

uncloned