Barryvan Compo: Round 6 Begins!

Started by bvanoudtshoorn, March 31, 2008, 06:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam_Zen

Nice to see an Enigma machine there.

LPChip

Surprisingly enough, I actually came up with something. I now have a song of 3 minutes something that also has an ending. :D

So you can count on my entry. I will still have to see if I can improve it, which I'll do this weekend.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

bvanoudtshoorn

Awesome! I look forward to it, LP! :)

Sam_Zen

2 Barry
New additions available, so I searched for them. To apply a vote.
It was a while ago, so I first checked the basic URL http://www.barryvan.com.au/
I was not able to navigate to a part with the compo contest.
After some digging in my archive I came up with http://test.pbc.wa.edu.au/compo/ to serve things right.
But  the link to "Entries so far: 2 - Read more..." doesn't work (Firefox running).

bvanoudtshoorn

Heya Sam_Zen. You won't be able to vote until the 12th of September, I'm afraid - I like to collect all of the entries before I open up voting. That way, people who enter at the last possible minute aren't disadvantaged. :)

And sorry about not having a link on my www.barryvan.com.au website - I've corrected that now. There's now a news item about the competition, and a link under "Other" in the menu. Thanks for pointing that out!

Sam_Zen

Yep. My expression was not right. I was trying to search for the entries to listen to. Apart from casting a vote.

bvanoudtshoorn

Ah, sorry. Yeah, unfortunately you can't listen to them until you can vote on them, either. ;)

Sam_Zen

Nahkranoth

Quote from: "LPChip"Surprisingly enough, I actually came up with something. I now have a song of 3 minutes something that also has an ending. :D
So you can count on my entry. I will still have to see if I can improve it, which I'll do this weekend.

I have an intro only. But it's damn good! :twisted:
However I always tend to like my pieces (of crap) :D

Sam_Zen

Well, if it's damn good, come over the bridge with it :)
An intro can be a seperate work as well. As could be an outro.

bvanoudtshoorn

uncloned

Quote from: "bvanoudtshoorn"Ah, sorry. Yeah, unfortunately you can't listen to them until you can vote on them, either. ;)

was I not to have posted my entry ?

bvanoudtshoorn

Nah, Clones, that's fine! Don't worry about it. :) It's your entry - you can do with it what you will.

LPChip

"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Sam_Zen

As LPChip stated, this is maybe the confusion this time.
I remember getting a mail:
Thanks for entering the Barryvan Compo! Your entry is now in the running to compete in this month's round.
There was no such confirmation this time afaik.