Forum Rules

Started by LPChip, September 20, 2006, 09:31:17

Previous topic - Next topic

LPChip

People seem to need a post with forum rules in order to know what to do and what not to do.

The following rules aren't that hard to get, as they are something you should've learned already.

Anyway...

The rules
* Be friendly towards everyone. Do not harass, insult or provoke other users.
* Respect everyone's opinion (except those of a spambot :nuts:)
* Do not contact the developers personally if you need help with the software or have a feature request. Post these questions publically so that everyone can answer and benefit from the post.
* Do not curse.
* Speak English wherever possible so everyone can read what you want to say. If its something personal, send the user a PM/Email instead.
* Pay attention to the stickies in the different forums. They can contain additional rules for that forum only (like how to post in the Free Music Downloads)
* Post complete songs in Free Music Downloads, and half finished in General Chatter.
* Admin/Moderators always have the final word when it comes to arguments. Do not "swim upstream" if they tell you to stop.
* Spambots do not have the right to register and post in the forums. These posts will be removed instantly and the user will be banned.
* If you post about mortgages, drugs, sex or illegal MP3s (from commercial artists) you're considered to be a spambot. (see above note)

Check this post frequently to see if the rules have changed. (Will be notified by a reply though)

If you feel that I've missed something, please either reply or send me a PM with either a question on how to do something, or with a statement that it should be added.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs