Making my own music community on Discord and Reddit?

Started by Vojvodinosaurus, April 11, 2024, 15:51:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Vojvodinosaurus

So I wanna make my own community of likeminded musicians who use various trackers and DAWs and I wanna make my own themed compos that focus on music that is NOT Trap nor 2nd wave Dubstep/Brostep nor has elements of the 2.
Thing is I never participated in a compo and have no interest in ompt compos bc i kinda suck at making music.

So I wonder, are there any compos on internet for beginners and is it worth starting my own without prior experience?

Also can you recommend other platforms besides Discord and Reddit to create a community?
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

Saga Musix

Not that I want to discourage you to try things out, but it sounds like you are approaching this topic from the wrong side. People will not just randomly flock around you if you announce that you will start some random community. Most of the time that will result in a handful of people pretending to be interested (or maybe they even are) and then it fades away quickly because there is no momentum.
If you want to create a new community, it should address a need (of more than one person). To pick your example, are you part of an existing, active community that runs compos and several people are annoyed that 50% of the tracks in the compos are always brostep? Congratulations, you have found a niche, and those people might decide to follow you to your own community with 0% brostep. However, practically speaking, this is probably not even a problem in most music communities, so you have no universal selling point for your new community. People might just as well stay in the communities they already are in.

Quoteis it worth starting my own without prior experience?
Nobody's gonna stop you but you really should have a look at how other people do things to get an idea before you decide to start to do anything on your own.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Vojvodinosaurus

Quote from: Saga Musix on April 12, 2024, 16:55:19People will not just randomly flock around you if you announce that you will start some random community. Most of the time that will result in a handful of people pretending to be interested (or maybe they even are) and then it fades away quickly because there is no momentum.

This happened to my former community. There were only 6 of us but barely any communication, no matter how much I tried to animate, it was just me and only 1 member at a time talking and 2 of them even tho they stayed they almost never said a word
!IMPORTANT!
You are allowed to remix my songs ONLY in TRANCE/GOA/PSYTRANCE GENRE and NO Trap HiHat Rolls PLEASE
My stuff: https://alonetone.com/vojvodinosaurus

SewerSide

Heck, My AXS thread over at warmplace.ru is nearing 3/4 of a million views but only ever had a couple responders at all you may have a large amount of looky-loos but getting people to act on anything is not like it was 20-30 years ago. Don't know if it's boredom, low testosterone, melancholy, flouride, depression, too much gaming, smart phone fascination, AI madness or just extremely short attention spans that are common nowadays... hard to get anyone involved in anything...

But much luck to you Vojvodinosaurus... I suppose a well-thought layout might attract some there...