Sorry help again.

Started by Dj-Flo, August 06, 2006, 18:21:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Dj-Flo

O.k i got an keybord, (USB) And i see all diffrent buttons on it how i can use this.
i get software with the keybord to.
With files like xpb and xxb.
I DONT UNDERstand the fuck of it, i just wanne resample with the keybord.
filter strings etc the shop told me it was possible.

anyone suggestions :)

LPChip

Its not possible in MODPlug Tracker.

Modplug only understands keypresses, not the more advanced midi messages like modulator value and such.

But then again, MODPlug Tracker wasn't designed to be an instrument. Its a program to control instruments themselves from the pattern editor. There you can control filters and stuff like that, but not while live playing.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Dj-Flo

Thanks man, and with VSTi's you can use the keyboard as a instrument?

LPChip

Quote from: "Dj-Flo"Thanks man, and with VSTi's you can use the keyboard as a instrument?

The keyboard only acts as an input device. If you load in a VSTi, you can play its tones.

Some VSTi's however allow a stand alone interface, and usually they DO allow extended midi messages like modulator wheel.

For instance, take Native Instrument's Plugins. Like Absynth, FM7, Kontakt, Pro-52, etc... They all have a stand-alone interface with full support for your midi keyboard.

(not to mention they cost money :()
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs