Who Updates Modplug?

Started by KrazyKatz, August 06, 2006, 19:35:54

Previous topic - Next topic

KrazyKatz

I want a few add-ons in Modplug. I would like to talk personally to the folks in charge. Who can I get in touch with? I am willing to contribute as much as I can afford for their time & expertise...

Im looking for the ability to integrate video, so that its possible to synchronise music to movies. A timer that includes split seconds would be useful too... plus there are a few annoying bugs!

Who are the folks to talk to?

Thanks
Sonic Brilliance Studios
http://www.sonicbrilliance.com

rewbs

Hi,

Re the bugs: bugs go in the bug report forum -  Relabsoluness and myself  will do our best to fix them. :)

Re the new feature: Relabsoluness and myself are the ones contributing to the code at the moment. The best way to request features I guess is to post ideas here.

Speaking for myself, I would not be able to guarantee I could integrate video within a given schedule, so would not feel comfortable accepting anything to get the job done.

That said, it is an interesting project. If I were to implement it, I think the best approach would be to do this via a VST plugin rather than put lots of video rendering stuff into MPT code; there are probably be some video VST plugs out there already, or maybe video apps with VST bridges (In fact I think Fruity Loops has a video player and can be used as VST plugin from within OpenMPT).

Then the only bit of dev work required would be to fix OpenMPT so that it accurately sends the song position to plugins. The nature of the tracker is such that there's no sure way of mapping an arbitrary point in a pattern to a point in time in the song without reparsing the whole song (due to pattern loops, reusing patterns, speed changes, etc...). This can of course be done, but will require some effort. I started working on a solution some months ago (create a cache of row->timecode mappings and refresh it whenever the user makes an edit that affects the timeline) but ran out of time (/patience :) ).

Something else to experiment with is to use a separate video app than can respond to midi events and use a VST2MIDI plug in OpenMPT to trigger it. I played with some VJ software like this and it was a lot of fun, but I have no idea how accurate/useful this technique would be for say scoring a film.

Sam_Zen

Talking about tracker with video.
I found this, using a XM with the fmod.dll :
ascii-art