4 (30.8%)
VUplayer
0 (0%)
Other:
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 02, 2006, 00:23:49

Violette

I'm just wondering which audio players are popular around here for playing mods... and hope to maybe discover a hidden gem among them.

cdnalsi

speed-goddamn-focus

I don't listen much to mods so when I do I use Modplug Tracker. If I did listen a lot I'd probably use XMPlay.

LPChip

I actually use both mptracker and XMPlay, but i only use mptracker for songs with vst's and when i'm too lasy to render to ogg so i can play it in xmplay :P

I use xmplay because i can control it with my keyboard, without the app being active, so i can set volume next song etc, while in game. :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

mikosoft

Quote from: "LPChip"I use xmplay because i can control it with my keyboard, without the app being active, so i can set volume next song etc, while in game. :)

In Winamp you can set global hotkeys too for virtually anything (even starting visualisations or bringing up preferences dialog). This feature is there pretty darn long (at least two years as separate plugin, since 2.9 builtin I think).
(Yeah, I can't help it, Winamp IS my fav player :P )
Believe in Him and be free.

LPChip

If winamp wasn't that cpu heavy, and it played songs like xmplay did, and its appearance was like xmplay, and had a filename as xmplay.exe then i'd probably use it too :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Violette

So no one else has an issue with XMplay? The clarity is nice but yesterday I discovered that it mutes channels. I play the song on a different player and lo and behold, everything is there like it's meant to be. :(

Sam_Zen

A rather restricted one. According to the available choices, I pick MPT of course. The most reliable.
But choosing a playback depends on the circumstances on the moment. For a quick playback of a module, I've associated the necessary extensions to the ole ModPlug Player. If I want a more detailed view on what's going on during playback, I open the file with OMPT. Besides this I already have Irfan View and JetAudio on board, capable to serve as a module-player as well, if it's more efficient in that particular session.
I try to avoid using commercial products like winamp as much as possible.
QuoteSo no one else has an issue with XMplay? The clarity is nice but yesterday I discovered that it mutes channels.
Interesting. Does this mean that XMplay is capable of muting/unmuting channels during playback ?

residentgrey

VST's work fine in XMPlay i used to have some of your tracks on ther in one of my playlists. weird.

If i can find a player that suits my tastes better than XMPlay, i would use it.
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

LPChip

Quote from: "residentgrey"VST's work fine in XMPlay i used to have some of your tracks on ther in one of my playlists. weird.

If i can find a player that suits my tastes better than XMPlay, i would use it.

No they don't.

Only the standard DirectX plugins that come with modplug will work in XMPlay.

residentgrey

k doesnt matter now anyhow i lost all the tunes i managed to find, and make... :(
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.

Violette

I found another really cool player, called Spider player. Plays MP3, wav, wma, ogg, m3u, and mod files including mo3. The sound quality is clean, too. I like playing with the effects menu and applying Reverb and Echo to the song, or slowing down the speed. http://spider-player.com/

Edit: ooh, it seems the makes of XMplay collaborated with these guys (says so in Credits!)

Dictator

I use ModPlug only when I'm tracking and I need something from other modules. But when I listen to modules just for fun, I use Winamp. It's the best media player!

ant

Quote from: Dictator on July 14, 2006, 14:04:36
I use ModPlug only when I'm tracking and I need something from other modules. But when I listen to modules just for fun, I use Winamp. It's the best media player!
But MPP sounds much better! Winamp doesn't play some of my songs correctly, but MPP can :(

Saga Musix

And Winamp is bloated. It's far from being the best anything, except maybe the best piece of crap. :P
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.