VUplayer
0 (0%)
Other:
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: July 02, 2006, 00:23:49

ant

Quote from: Jojo on December 02, 2010, 06:23:42
And Winamp is bloated. It's far from being the best anything, except maybe the best piece of crap. :P
Hence, why I don't select all features during installations. :)

Rakib

A force of habbit, I use winamp as my primary music and video player.
^^

psishock

I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

ant

psishock

Quote from: antVLC and MPC for me.

ant

Quote from: psishock on December 02, 2010, 15:18:10
Quote from: antEwww! VLC and MPC for me.

Haha. What movie is that from? I would had used CHiPs' Jon and Ponch's thumb ups. :D

psishock

Quote from: antWhat movie is that from?
i have absolutely no idea. :)
I'm using reaction images depending on the right situation, and updating my database constantly from random sources, while stalking over the net .

Rakib

Winamp works and I don't feel like switching programs when I dont have to. But whenever I file can't be played (like during download), I use vlc.
^^

ant

Quote from: Rakib on December 02, 2010, 20:53:03
Winamp works and I don't feel like switching programs when I dont have to. But whenever I file can't be played (like during download), I use vlc.
Ditto for me. Winamp for MP3 and OGG. MPP and then maybe XMplayer for MOD, IT, S3M, XM, 669, etc. K-Lite Codec Mega Packs' MPC for videos unless it has problems, then VLC. All are updated as well. :)

Saga Musix

So far I have to say that MPC never failed on any videos here (well, apart from some really obscure mid-90s codecs which even VLC doesn't support). I did try VLC for a month but I just couldn't get used to it and it didn't support all the codecs I rely on (Lagarith being one of them), so I've ditched it and am using MPC now again. Yes, back to "codec hell", but at least it works.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

There is the problem, codec hell. I don't want that. Another player that plays "all" videos are gom player. Anyone else tried it?
http://www.gomlab.com/eng/GMP_download.html
^^

ant

Quote from: Rakib on December 02, 2010, 21:52:46
There is the problem, codec hell. I don't want that. Another player that plays "all" videos are gom player. Anyone else tried it?
http://www.gomlab.com/eng/GMP_download.html
Yeah, that's always the problem. I stick with bundled one like K-Lite, use VLC as a backup (doesn't splatter all over my systems), and MPlayer (rarely in Windows, but used a lot in Linux/Debian like VLC).

Saga Musix

Quote from: Rakib on December 02, 2010, 21:52:46There is the problem, codec hell. I don't want that.
Why do you stick to Winamp then?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Rakib

I know winamp is using codec but as I wrote if I have a file that can't be opened by winamp I try vlc, but I can't remember last it happened to me, except during download.
^^

ant

Quote from: Rakib on December 02, 2010, 22:14:54
I know winamp is using codec but as I wrote if I have a file that can't be opened by winamp I try vlc, but I can't remember last it happened to me, except during download.
I didn't know Winamp used codecs. I thought that was all local like VLC does.