Favourite synthesizers

Started by Pesho_Zmiata, June 25, 2006, 18:14:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesho_Zmiata

I'm sure some of you have looked for, or even own one. So which ones are your favourite? My personal fav is the Kurzweil K2000.

Waxhead

Roland JP8000 (I don't think TB303 classify as a synth?! or does it?)

speed-goddamn-focus

Quote from: "Waxhead"(I don't think TB303 classify as a synth?! or does it?)
(why wouldn't it?)

Waxhead

Quote from: "speed-goddamn-focus"
Quote from: "Waxhead"(I don't think TB303 classify as a synth?! or does it?)
(why wouldn't it?)
It does? YAHOOO! - ok then TB303 it is ;) - I was just to hooked up with "standard" synths with "standard" keyboards :P

LPChip

I never owned one, but I'm very fund of the classic FM7.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Squirrel Havoc

What are you people, middle aged?! The Korg microKORG is a nice recent one
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Sam_Zen

Of course a TB303 is a synth too. It's a device that can be played to produce synthesised sounds.

2 LPChip
The FM7 was a fine one indeed. I've worked in a studio where it was available and I noticed than, that the players just didn't explore the potentials of the instrument, but stuck to the 'presets'. 3 % of the options available. Sad.

To me this is an obvious question. Not even a need for choosing.
I'm the happy owner of a EMS Synthi A . A hybrid one.
The combination of direct analog control with the presets of binary scales and a logic memory for a sequencer.

Squirrel Havoc

QuoteTB303

My problem with the 303 is that it had such a small sound variations that no matter how you used it, everyone knew it was a 303 you were playing, no matter how you tweaked it.
-

LPChip

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"
QuoteTB303

My problem with the 303 is that it had such a small sound variations that no matter how you used it, everyone knew it was a 303 you were playing, no matter how you tweaked it.

A bit off-topic maybe, but I know what you mean. Remember those old Adlib sounds? Any way you tuned them, they always sounded like adlib :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Waxhead

QuoteTB303

#&@#!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!!  :twisted: - TB303 small sound variations?????? what do you think made the TB303 so unique?! I will agree you can almost instantly hear that it's a TB303 who is playing but I would NOT in a million years agree that it have small sound varitaion.... Ok - terrible off topic but i just had to blow some steam ;)

xaimus

TB303.  I love it.

Quote from: "Waxhead"
QuoteTB303

#&@#!!! BLASPHEMY!!!!!  :twisted: - TB303 small sound variations?????? what do you think made the TB303 so unique?! I will agree you can almost instantly hear that it's a TB303 who is playing but I would NOT in a million years agree that it have small sound varitaion.... Ok - terrible off topic but i just had to blow some steam ;)
100% correct.

Snu

my favorite synth would probably be the yamaha dx7 and variants (including old soundblaster 16 midi), fm synth rules!  
i SO want to get a dx200....

XAVT

TB303. And yes, you can make it sound unique.
A cigarette a day keeps the doctor at bay.
A joint a week makes him look unique.

Squirrel Havoc

People, give me 2 or 3 sound samples from a 303 (same octave) that don't sound similar, then we will talk  :P
-

Diamond

Quote from: "Snu"my favorite synth would probably be the yamaha dx7 and variants (including old soundblaster 16 midi), fm synth rules!  
i SO want to get a dx200....

Hexter
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1980.html
If you can't download it from there just PM me and I'll send it to you.