Favourite synthesizers

Started by Pesho_Zmiata, June 25, 2006, 18:14:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Diamond"
Quote from: "Snu"my favorite synth would probably be the yamaha dx7 and variants (including old soundblaster 16 midi), fm synth rules!  
i SO want to get a dx200....

Hexter
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1980.html
If you can't download it from there just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Uhhh, do the makers just not want anyone to download their program?  ::)

EDIT: Ahh I found it eventually, the link is in the review on the kvr site
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Snu

Quote from: "Diamond"
Quote from: "Snu"my favorite synth would probably be the yamaha dx7 and variants (including old soundblaster 16 midi), fm synth rules!  
i SO want to get a dx200....

Hexter
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1980.html
If you can't download it from there just PM me and I'll send it to you.
yah, ive seen fm synth vsti before, but there's nothing like having an actual piece of hardware...

XAVT

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"People, give me 2 or 3 sound samples from a 303 (same octave) that don't sound similar, then we will talk  :P

No problem. Just send me a tb303 loop and youll get it back intirely transformed :)
A cigarette a day keeps the doctor at bay.
A joint a week makes him look unique.

xaimus

Quote from: "Squirrel Havoc"People, give me 2 or 3 sound samples from a 303 (same octave) that don't sound similar, then we will talk  :P
Just you wait until I have Internet access at home again!  >:(

Harbinger

I'm partial to Korg machines, like the M1 and the Triton. Altho they use PCM synthesis (meaning not as much control over the sample), they have some outstanding acoustic sounds, which i NEED for many of my compositions.

However, all the old-school synths like the dx7s and 808s of the world always seemed to me to be too primitive, and definitely non-acoustic (which may be what you want). I always considered a waste of time to create or edit envelopes (yet that's exactly what i do with openMPT!) I never could get into FM synthesis or Ring modulation for the same reasons. I also avoid Emu and anything Casio.

I have recently found out at our local Guitar Center that there is a new keyboard  called the Korg OASYS. It appears from the specs that it makes use of practically every contemporary synthesis architecture known to man, including FM, Ring, PCM, Z-axis, etc. The price? I hit the floor when the salesman said $18,000!! But it's supposed to be fully expandable and top-of-the-line sample/tone manipulation.

LPChip

Odd... I looked at the prices here in The Netherlands, for the Korg Oasys series, and they are as follows:

Oasys Series (Selected Oasys Dealers Only)
Oasys 76 76-Key Music Workstation, Open Architecture Synthesis Studio, Built in HD & CD-RW, 4 x USB 2.0, Including EXs -1, EXs -2 & EXi -1 expansions

Oasys 88 88-Weighted Key Music Workstation, Open Architecture Synthesis Studio, Built in HD & CD-RW, 4 x USB 2.0, Including EXs -1, EXs -2 & EXi -1 expansions

Agreed, still alot of money, but perhaps you misheard him?
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Harbinger

No, you're right. Huge typo!! :oops:

(Aren't you glad i'm not your accountant?)

But it still stands: at that price, i better never need another synth again!!

residentgrey

Since i can only softsynth right now, my vote would be ZynAddSubFX so far. Still needs a bit of work but still a kickass synth. Can't wait till the VST plugin is rebuilt!
No two people are not on fire...AWWW!

Web and Graphic Design just for you!
I r GhostMech on there, forever scouting.