Author Topic: How to select multiple notes at the same time like using Control Key  (Read 676 times)

Offline Falken

• Shy artist
  • Operating System: Windows 10
Hello! I have a mess of pattern, and I must go choosing just a few notes that are mixed with others that belong to other instruments. I tryied to hold Control while selecting to go selecting multiple notes but it doesnt work. There's a way to select in this way? Theres any way to select using filters? (For example; select all in Channel 1 & 2 except all the ones that are F-3. Thanks in advance!

Offline Saga Musix

• OpenMPT Developers
  • aka Jojo
    • Download music, samples, VST plugins: Saga Musix Website
  • Operating System: Windows 10 x64
Re: How to select multiple notes at the same time like using Control Key
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2020, 19:44:00 »
OpenMPT only supports a single rectangular selection, but it can span several channels. Just drag the mouse or shift-click in the pattern.

However, what you want to do may be possible with OpenMPT's powerful Find & Replace tool - as long as you only want to modify and not move those notes, it can probably do what you're looking for.
ยป No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Offline LPChip

• Administrator
    • http://lpchip.nl
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Pro x64
Re: How to select multiple notes at the same time like using Control Key
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 23:06:46 »
In addition to Saga Musix reply, you can also copy an entire block of notes, then search/replace within to remove notes.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs