How to select multiple notes at the same time like using Control Key

Started by Falken, December 23, 2020, 16:33:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Falken

Hello! I have a mess of pattern, and I must go choosing just a few notes that are mixed with others that belong to other instruments. I tryied to hold Control while selecting to go selecting multiple notes but it doesnt work. There's a way to select in this way? Theres any way to select using filters? (For example; select all in Channel 1 & 2 except all the ones that are F-3. Thanks in advance!

Saga Musix

OpenMPT only supports a single rectangular selection, but it can span several channels. Just drag the mouse or shift-click in the pattern.

However, what you want to do may be possible with OpenMPT's powerful Find & Replace tool - as long as you only want to modify and not move those notes, it can probably do what you're looking for.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

In addition to Saga Musix reply, you can also copy an entire block of notes, then search/replace within to remove notes.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs