1 (14.3%)
Nope
4 (57.1%)
I do not think that it would work.
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 28, 2006, 01:08:19

Really Weird Person

I downloaded Microsoft's Office 2007 suite today! It is quite different (as far as Word, Excel and PowerPoint are concerned). Excel has up to 1,048,576 rows and 16,384 columns per sheet! I think that you should do something like that with ModPlug Tracker someday (I do not know when). I believe that it could happen.

Squirrel Havoc

DUDE!!! You are the ONLY one who would use such a feature. I really dont see a need when there are other things that it needs more. I mean WOW, why would you need so many rows? Whats wrong with multiple patterns?
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

LPChip

I hope you realise that downloading office 2k7 is illegal? :shock:

I don't recommend anyone else to do so, including the programmers.

This means they cannot see the features described by you, but I don't really see the point of them anyway. Doing something like this is simply not possible in the current fileformat.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

I doubt that I am the only person who mixes songs together. I may be the only person who does it with video game music, but I am probably not the only person who does it. How is downloading the Office suite illegal? Are you saying that because it is only a beta? Or are you saying that because there is a law that requires purchases of software instead of downloading it? There is a term used for that. It is called a beta tester. That is basically what you refer someone as who downloads beta programs to try them.

Rakib

i think microsoft released office2007 as a beta release this week so its free for everyone who wants to try it out now.

But why not, it may be someone who wants a big pattern, i remember in my early days that i wanted bigger pattern and thought it would be easier to make songs in only 1 pattern.
^^

Really Weird Person

So, did Modplug Tracker not always have a 256 row maximum? The new office suite has a built-in measurement converter. Did you know that?

georg

I hate guacamole. It smells like wood. Piracy is everyone's friend. I mean, China gets to do it. What makes them so fukken special. I feel very Chinese right now. I'm fukken special! Hooray!!!
I'll never make sword-chucks...
Update - 2013 I still havent made sword-chuks.
Update - 2021 What the hell are sword-chuks? :((

LPChip

Oh, I didn't knew office 2007 was a beta release. In that case its not illegal. Sorry 'bout that  :oops:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

Yep, it is only a beta. Just like its buddy, Windows Media Player 11. WMP 11's skin is definitely different than 10's. I do have WMP 11 downloaded as well. As for Winamp, I am not sure if there is a new beta for that. What is the difference between a beta release and an alpha release?

Really Weird Person

What are you embarrased about? The reply I gave you about the illegalness of downloading the Office suite, or are you embarrased at yourself because you did not know that Office 2007 is only a beta release?

speed-goddamn-focus

What is it about this Kasey that makes her the weirdest?

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"or are you embarrased at yourself because you did not know that Office 2007 is only a beta release?

Yeah.

Squirrel Havoc

I still don't get what mixing songs has to do with long patterns. the way you talk about it, it sounds like you want more channels too, I dont know what the current limit is, but I know its pretty high. There are probably more ways than one to mix songs, but even taking one pattern from a song, then putting a pattern from another song after that shouldnt take up more than 1024 rows in one pattern. My mind is kinda boggled right now  :shock:
-

Really Weird Person

No, the channel number is fine at 128. I have not found anything that needs more than 128 channels yet. I will let you know when I find something. However, how about you try to mix a 13 pattern song, a 24 pattern song, and a 71? (Or whatever it is. I do know that it is something and a half though) together with all three of them meeting at the very last pattern. Actually, don't try that because I did. It did not work. Actually, the reason that I wanted to do it is to see how many Weirders (Weirder is the name of the song that contains the mix of the 13 pattern song and the 24 pattern song together) it would contain. I still do not know that answer. I suspect that it would even contain two Strangestest (2)s. Strangestest (2) (207 1,024 row patterns) is the mixture of the 71? pattern song and the 24 pattern song. Therefore, 512-1,024 patterns would be reasonable. If it had 1,024, your position jump would have to go to 400. If it contained 512, your position jump would need to go to 200. However, with 1,024 patterns, one would be able to mix something such as Weirder, or Wool (pronounced just like cool, except for the w (Weird + cool = wool.) with all 64 row patterns. I guess that I just like to make long songs because Strangestest is over four hours long and Wool is over an hour long. Strangestest (2) is probably over 6 hours long. Maybe only 5. But probably at least 5. Wodderest.itp is, according to Modplug Tracker, ≈ 2,162 minutes and 30 seconds.

The main reasons that I mix songs together are because I like music, I do it just for the fun of it (although, I am running out of doable options), and they sound cool.

Here is something to help you become happy. Kasey is the weirdest!

Let me guess, you are probably wondering this question in your mind. "Who is Kasey?"

Well, for a brief description, she is a friend that I made while in choir class last year. She is an alto. She also did agree to being the weirdest. She was a sophomore, and I was a freshman; therefore, my chances of physically seeing her again are quite slim because she will be a junior and will probably be going to the other high school next year. I will stay at my current school as a sophomore.

I have some other friends that I will not see due to them becoming juniors. Jesse is one of them.

The only annoyance that I am finding with four of my friends (Jesse and Kasey are two of them. The other two are Christian and Cody (they were freshmen as well.) is that I have sent a lot of e-mails to them, but I have only received two. One reply and one ad-like one. They were from Kasey.

That is who I am talking about in my signature and the poll (the last choice that says "Did Casey give you this idea? If so, it is not wonder that she is the weirdest!") (and anything else that has her name in it (such as Kasey is the weirdest.it (a song that I arranged with Modplug Tracker) It is spelled wrong in the poll, but I cannot fix that. Her name is actually spelled with a k, not a c.

Squirrel Havoc

Maybe it's just me,but it sounds like you can  split the long patterns into multiple shorter patterns instead of using one huge one. Can you do that?
-