Nope
4 (57.1%)
I do not think that it would work.
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 28, 2006, 01:08:19

Sam_Zen

Really Weird Person

What do you mean by that? If you mean making the patterns 64 rows apiece instead of 1,024, that would be even worse then having 1,024 row patterns (which the mix does not work with anyway).

Sam_Zen

I just meant that, concerning the choice for an office package.

For the rest : I just don't think bigger numbers guarantee more quality just like that. I could follow the binary scale and can come up with a demand for 65536 channels to achieve a better performance. Is this efficient ?
I don't think so.

Really Weird Person

65,536 channels would not be sufficiant at all. In fact, I discourage you from considering that, but 65,536 rows would. 65,536 patterns would probably not even be sufficiant, but 1,024 would. I am not saying that, just because Excel 2007 has 1,048,576 rows per worksheet, that means that ModPlug Tracker must. But, updating it periodically according to current technology sounds reasonable, does it not? That is why I say that 65,536 rows and 1,024 patterns sounds reasonable. If you must talk about channels however, in that case, doubling those (That would make them be able to go up to 256) would not be too bad. 512 would probably exceed the rubber band's elastic limit and break it, however. 65,536 / 64 = 1,024. Therefore, with 65,536 rows, one could fit up to 1,024 64 row patterns on a single pattern! That would allow Strangestest (2) to fit on three patterns (Patterns 1 & 2: 65,536 rows, pattern 3: 16,384 rows!) However, if the first two patterns were not 65,536 rows, having Strangestest (2) on three patterns would not work at all. 624 patterns = 39,936 rows!) 65,536 / 1,024 = 64! Therefore, with 65,536 rows, one could be 64 times more productive than they can currently be! My signiture is probably even cooler now that it takes up more space. It is probably also just as, if not more confusing though.

Squirrel Havoc

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"But, updating it periodically according to current technology sounds reasonable, does it not?

Just because the limits on technology increase doesnt automatically mean everything has to be updated to match. It should only be updated as the need arises.
Anyone can do anything if they have nothing else to do
-
Most musicians are talented. I'm just determined.

Really Weird Person

You may have a good point there. However, Cody, Dane and Alyson are weird, Christian, my brother, and my dad are weirder, Kasey is the weirdest, Charlotte is the weirdester, and Paul is the weirdestest!

LPChip

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"You may have a good point there. However, Cody, Dane and Alyson are weird, Christian, my brother, and my dad are weirder, Kasey is the weirdest, Charlotte is the weirdester, and Paul is the weirdestest!

But what have all these people to do with the development of MODPlug Tracker? :o :nuts:
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Really Weird Person

I am not 100% sure, but I just thought I would throw it in for the fun of it.

rewbs

Quote from: "Really Weird Person"my chances of physically seeing her again are quite slim because she will be a junior and will probably be going to Magic City next year.

That's too bad. But if it's this Magic City that she's going to, visiting her physically from time to time might be worth the effort.

speed-goddamn-focus

Hey Wodd (I kind of like that name), since you have some experience with mixing songs together, why don't you try making your own songs from scratch? Perhaps a song about Kasey, eh?

Really Weird Person

What makes Kasey the weirdest you ask? Well, if I am not mistaken from what I overheard one day, she was talking about turning into a chicken or something like that. That is quite weird I think, she was acting weird one day, and I thought that it was weird. Of course, that is my opinion. I do not remember exaclty what she did though. And she agreed to it. That is the main reason.

I have tried that. It is a lot harder. I tried to create Cinnamon (a song that I played in orchestra class), but Modplug Tracker's violin does not sound as good as the physical instrument. I played the violin for four years, then I upgraded a step to choir. As far as a song about Kasey, how do you suppose that I would do that? I do not have a microphone on my computer, therefore, recording my voice would be quite difficult. I suppose that I could record it with the Palm, then put my card in my mom's old computer and copy the recording to the Shared Docs folder. However, mixing the music from Danger Room with it afterwards might be a little bit difficult. I tried mixing Danger Room with a Wav file once as well, but it did not turn out too good. I do not know Kasey's address, however, I have e-mailed her mine. She has not come to my house though. In fact, to tell you the truth, I do not have very many e-mails from my friends. I have four e-mails in my Friends folder: Three (actually, there are two replies and one ad-like one) and one from Jesse.

I do have a song entitled Kasey is the weirdest, but that is a mix of already created songs. I do not have a song made from scratch about her though. Magic City Campus is the junior and senior school, the next step from Central Campus. My brother goes to Magic City. Starting next year, he will be a senior. I forgot one thing, Kasey is the weirdest!

Really Weird Person

This is a test to see if I can post replies on the Modplug Central forums via a Palm handheld. If this works, great. If not, that is okay too. Remember this: Kasey is the weirdest!

Really Weird Person

It works. That's cool. I still do not know what Cool is. Is it at all like Modplug Tracker? Does it allow for more rows, patterns, both, neither, or is it not at all like Modplug Tracker? Remember this: Kasey is the weirdest!