"Output to" - "Except Channel(s)" in "General" section

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), August 25, 2017, 22:59:45

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi there,

I just had a thought about the "Output to" possibility of a VSTi in "General" section of OpenMPT.

Indeed, let's say I use a Kontakt VSTi with multiple instruments on various channels.

When I decide to send those Kontakt instruments into some kind of effects or reverb etc, using "Output to", I send ALL Kontakt instruments to that effect/reverb (as I "output" the whole Kontakt VSTi including all its loaded instruments)

It would be great to decide MIDI channel by MIDI channel, where to send them, like "Output to" with sort of "Except midi channel(s) number :" or "Only midi channel(s) number :"

Currently, if I want, for instance, to use several Kontakt instruments and send them to different reverbs/effects, I have to load a Kontakt VSTi for each instrument, which can be a bit annoying.

That said, maybe I missed some other way to avoid this.

If there is a way, I'm interested ;-)

Cheers

Saga Musix

You cannot split the output signal by MIDI channels, but being able to route different audio outputs of plugins to different targets is indeed planned for the modular mixer: https://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=606
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)