Export all channels to separate wav files

Started by Jedinhopy, August 20, 2013, 15:38:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedinhopy

As of now i have to solo channel 1 and export it to wav.
Then i have to solo channel 2 and export it to wav.
And do the same for all patterns.

Now would it be possible to do this with only one mouse click?
Exporting all channels into their individual wav files.
64 channels = 64 wav files.

Saga Musix

Quote from: Jedinhopy on August 20, 2013, 15:38:55
As of now i have to solo channel 1 and export it to wav.
No you don't. All you have to do is to upgrade to a version of OpenMPT released in the last 9 years or so, because that's how long this feature must have been in the WAV export dialog already.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Jedinhopy

Most programs can't save the channels as separate wav files. They only mix all channels into 1 one file.
Or you have to solo the channel you want to record and wait 4 minutes for the song to end. Then doing the same thing for all channels. And if the music used 100 channels. You have to wait 400 minutes to have 100 full length wav files. You listen to the channel you want to record. Fire up goldwave and press the record button. And then save the first recorded channel as CH00.wav. And then doing the same again and again and again. It's a complete timewaster. It takes forever.

I hope OpenMPT will support more tracker formats.

The formats i am interested in is:
sid
v2m
nsf
spc
gbs
gsf
2sf
psf
psf2
usf

LPChip

Indeed, as your screenshot suggests, and as Saga_Musix suggests, it is indeed already possible.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

QuoteI hope OpenMPT will support more tracker formats.

The formats i am interested in is:
sid
v2m
nsf
spc
gbs
gsf
2sf
psf
psf2
usf
I admire your skill to have successfully picked 100% formats that are not tracker formats. All of those formats are memory dumps or (MIDI) data streams. Some of those formats even require specific CPUs to be emulated in order to play them. Not a single one of them is pattern-based and thus not a tracker format. If I was to add support for those formats, it would be just as bad as the currently existing MIDI support.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Jedinhopy

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 20, 2013, 22:38:40
I admire your skill to have successfully picked 100% formats that are not tracker formats.
But they are multi channel formats. Some of them use max 5 channels. And some use 16 channels. And some use 24 channels. In some format players it's possible to disable the echo reverb effects. And in vgm players like Meridian Advance and AudioOverload. It's possible to mute channels.

Quote from: Saga Musix on August 20, 2013, 22:38:40All of those formats are memory dumps or (MIDI) data streams. Some of those formats even require specific CPUs to be emulated in order to play them. Not a single one of them is pattern-based and thus not a tracker format. If I was to add support for those formats, it would be just as bad as the currently existing MIDI support.
They are either dynamic music or recorded sound registers. Sound plugin writes and so on. Played back by a emulator called foobar2000. So no MIDI there. Pure emulation synthesis.

Saga Musix

Quote from: Jedinhopy on August 20, 2013, 23:11:34
But they are multi channel formats. Some of them use max 5 channels. And some use 16 channels. And some use 24 channels. In some format players it's possible to disable the echo reverb effects. And in vgm players like Meridian Advance and AudioOverload. It's possible to mute channels.
And what do you want me to tell with that? They still are not tracked formats - they are all based on MIDI-like timing information, not patterns. Converting these formats to a module-like format is not a trivial task - if you ever used OpenSPC to convert SPC to IT, you will know why.

Quote from: Jedinhopy on August 20, 2013, 23:11:34They are either dynamic music or recorded sound registers. Sound plugin writes and so on. Played back by a emulator called foobar2000. So no MIDI there. Pure emulation synthesis.
I know the formats, thank you. And yes, v2m is basically MIDI, just that this MIDI data targets a very specific synth, not like a generic MIDI file which can be played on any synth.

Please don't bother me any longer with request to support non-module formats - it won't happen.