Kontakt 64 doesn't launch...

Started by RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER), August 12, 2013, 16:22:12

Previous topic - Next topic

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi,

After getting a new computer with a 64 bit Windows 7 system, it apperas that Open MPT won't launch the 64 bits version of Kontakt VSTi, still only the 32 bits...("not a valid plugin")...

Something I missed in configuration, maybe ?

Saga Musix

OpenMPT is still a 32-bits application only and officially won't load 64-bit plugins natively.
- Did you install JBridge to be able to load 64-bit plugins?
- Did you start OpenMPT in administrator mode? This is required for JBridge to work.
Otherwise, you can try my latest OpenMPT 64-bit beta build, which won't require JBridge to run 64-bit plugins (but it will require JBridge + admin mode for 32-bit plugins instead). 64-bit OpenMPT is still experimental, but if you would like to give it a try, I'd be interested to hear how well it works for you.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Excellent, I'll give it a try and let you know ;-)

Thanks !

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

By the way, not sure if I should make a new post for it, but I noticed that some VSTi perfectly working on ancient versions of OpenMPT, don't work anymore on recent ones...

It doesn't happen for many of them, but still some are definitely not working anymore (OpenMPT crashing when loading)...

So, I re-installed older versions of Open MPT ( 1 19 xx xx) that work with all plugins I load, in order to be able to use them, in case (so I have several installations of Open MPT on my computer ;-)...

Saga Musix

There's always a chance that fixing something to make one plugin work will break another plugin. If there's a plugin that previously ran just fine but now no longer does, please tell me about it so that I can check what has changed. However, always try the latest version of the plugin before doing so because I really don't like to investigate bugs that have already been fixed in plugins...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Of course, always using the latest OpenMPT version, now ;-)

Rakib

Problems with vst''s that worked before but not anymore:
Genesis CM, exception while loading during the startup. Will load anyway and works fine.
xverb (Outdated vst but I like it, can be found here: http://www.sonicspot.com/xverb/xverb.html), wasnt able to load it in modplug. Made it after I changed modplug.ini, but it is very unstable and makes modplug crash after some time.
^^

Saga Musix

I can't confirm that Genesis throws an exception. xverb loads and plays without problems here, too. If it doesn't load when adding it to OpenMPT, it should also not be able to load after hacking it manually into mptrack.ini.

RG (aka AUDIOMONSTER)

Hi, I just tested the OpenMPT 64 bits version with Jbridge demo version, it seems to work great...I just bought Jbridge, and will convert my plugins as soon as possible ;-)

I didn't know Jbridge, shame on me...

The 64 bits version of OpenMPT is very precious, so ! Great to have thought about that point ;-)