How can I make a song loop several times? (solved)

Started by Yntec, September 15, 2012, 12:04:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Yntec

Is there a way to edit a song so that at the end of it, it starts again, and loops several times? Or do I need to copy each Pattern and paste them at the end of the song, over and over?

I have a s3m file that is 1mn28s in length, I'd like to make it 5:52 (looping 4 times), I figured I would need to, create a new pattern at the end of the song, copy first pattern here, create new pattern, copy second pattern here, etc., until the effect is achieved, however, this is a painstaking process and I was hoping for some magic button that set the song to loop n times, or that allowed me to duplicate all song's patterns.

LPChip

If it must look specifically 4 times, then you'll need to copy the orders. Note that you can simply select all the orders. (select the first order, then shift-select the last to create a selection. Right click, copy orders, then right click, paste orders.

If you want an infinite loop, you can go to the last pattern, and add a B00 effect on the last row (which is understood by every player)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Select first order, press Shift+End, press Insert 3 times. That's your magic button.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

LPChip

Quote from: Saga Musix on September 15, 2012, 12:24:59
Select first order, press Shift+End, press Insert 3 times. That's your magic button.

Oh wow, thats a cool trick! Thanks :)
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

psishock

I'm as calm as a synth without a player.  (Sam_Zen)

Yntec

Really cool!

Thank you very much guys  8)