[RESOLVED]OpenMPT just won't start

Started by VinnieMN, December 27, 2011, 02:13:25

Previous topic - Next topic

VinnieMN

I have just downloaded it, but when I try to open it stops responding and there are no error messages. Can someone please help me?

LPChip

Have you extracted everything from the zipfile?

You can try to redownload the zipfile again.

Also, if you extract everything to am existing installation, try to extract it to a new directory to see if that works.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

Saga Musix

Have you used the installer package, and have you probably checked "Scan for previously installed VST plugins"?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

VinnieMN

Ah, yes, I have used the installer package, but I'm not sure if I checked "Scan for previously installed VST plguins". I'll reinstall it and make sure that I check that.

EDIT: Nope, reinstalled and checked "Scan for previously installed VST plugins", but still nothing.  :-\

LPChip

Try installing it without this checkbox.
"Heh, maybe I should've joined the compo only because it would've meant I wouldn't have had to worry about a damn EQ or compressor for a change. " - Atlantis
"yes.. I think in this case it was wishful thinking: MPT is makng my life hard so it must be wrong" - Rewbs

VinnieMN

Quote from: LPChip on December 27, 2011, 17:46:02
Try installing it without this checkbox.
Did it, also didn't work.

VinnieMN

I'm truly sorry for the doublepost, but I still need help. Anyone please?

LPChip

I honestly have no idea what can cause this.

Saga Musix

Please provide a copy of your mptrack.ini file (to be found in the configuration directory).
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

VinnieMN

Here it is.

Edit by moderator: Removed attachment for privacy reasons

Saga Musix

I suppose explicitely uninstalling OpenMPT before installing it again should have fixed the problem, because there are still some plugins in the plugin list. Change line "NumPlugins=159" to "NumPlugins=0" in mptrack.ini and see if it fixes the problem.

VinnieMN

It worked! Many thanks for your help and attention. Goodbye all.