About translations via MPT_INTL.INI

Started by jmkz, April 14, 2011, 23:02:18

Previous topic - Next topic

jmkz

Well, a year ago I post this. Recently I have tested the example lines of mpt_intl.ini and it worked, so I have few questions:

1. Where I can find more strings to translate?
  2. Is possible -as a feature request- add a horizantal navigation bar for the options list in general setup?  or instead of show the checklist like a column show like a wide row? (because translated text maybe long or short)

Saga Musix

Quote from: jmkz on April 14, 2011, 23:02:18
AFAIK there aren't any other.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

Quote from: Jojo on April 15, 2011, 00:08:21
Quote from: jmkz on April 14, 2011, 23:02:18
AFAIK there aren't any other.

Well, I will try find myself other ways to get translatable strings :)

Saga Musix

You can use something like ResHacker to edit some strings, however some of them (most notably those from the menus) will be overwritten by the program so translating them doesn't do anything. You won't be able to do a full translation without changing the code.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Harbinger

If anyone's interested, i have a full (as of MPT 1.17.053) list of the hardcoded strings that i was planning on basing a localized string file from. Jojo of course, has added new features and dialogs, so it's not complete, but it'll take away about 80% of the work of looking for all those strings.

But like Jojo said, you'll hafta go in and alter the code to get MPT to access an external file for its text strings.

jmkz

I am interested, my goal is that the translations are "integrated" in OpenMPT, or external (which is the best way): D