OpenMPT 1.19 releases

Started by Saga Musix, March 27, 2011, 12:50:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Saga Musix

That's right, linefeeds should just be just LF in ID3 tags. Thanks for pointing that out.
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Saga Musix

I just checked, and of course I rembered correctly that CR chars are replaced by LF. Can you please check with a hex viewer how that string looks in your MP3 file? I have encoded a test MP3 with line breaks in the comments field, and they appear as LF in the file (as demanded by the ID3 standard). XMPlay also displays the line breaks. I wouldn't be too surprised if Winamp does this wrong, it also took them quite a while to support ID3v2.4 (which OpenMPT uses)...
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

jmkz

Here is:

COMM tag

43 4f 4d 4d 00 00 01 0e 00 00 00 65 6e 67 00 55 6e 69 76 65 72 73 65 2c 20 6f 75 72 20 64 72 65 61 6d 6c 61 6e 64 2e 2e 2e 0a 0a 43 6f 70 79 72 69 67 68 74 20 a9 20 32 30 31 31 20 4a 6f 73 e9 20 41 2e 20 4d 61 63 61 73 20 44 2e 2c 20 41 6c 6c 20 72 69 67 68 74 73 20 72 65 73 65 72 76 65 64 2e 0a 0a

PS: Notepad++ recognizes as Mac line end.

Saga Musix

I've noticed that Mp3tag uses CRLF for "compatibility" reasons. I wonder if that's because of Winamp. I can only say that I'm following the ID3v2 specs, so if Winamp does not adhere them, you should post on their forums that they should fix it.

Quote from: http://www.id3.org/id3v2.4.0-structure
Such strings are represented in frame descriptions
   as <text string>, or <full text string> if newlines are allowed. If
   nothing else is said newline character is forbidden. In ISO-8859-1 a
   newline is represented, when allowed, with $0A only.

jmkz

I guess that the bug of... maybe Winamp, is because it saves ID3 tags as Unicode by default. AFAIK OpenMPT writes as ANSI the ID3 tags while Winamp has an option of wthe writing method either Unicode or ISO-(something) and by default is set to Unicode. Unfortunely I can not found the checkbox wich enables this option of write ID3 tags as Unicode.
What do you think?

EDIT: I have found, were on properties of [in_mp3.dll] check the next images. Are on spanish but you can check in your own language.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/5771/id3wa2.png
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6140/id3wa.png

Saga Musix

I know that Winamp uses Unicode, but that doesn't matter. OpenMPT doesn't write unicode tags and it clearly indicates that, as defined by the ID3v2 standard. That should not be related to line breaks at all. It's still a bug in Winamp. And Notepad++ is wrong as well, $0a are UNIX line endings, $0d are (or used to be) Mac line endings.

Skaven

The channel moving feature is really handy, thanks! :)  Previously swapping and moving channels around was a bit of a chore.

Saga Musix

I just advise you to not hold Shift while moving channels that way in OpenMPT 1.19.2... It should duplicate the moved channel but currently it will also kill the last channel (oops)! 1.19.3 (which should be released in a few days) will fix that. But I'm glad you like the feature, because so do I. :)

Saga Musix

Since I will probably not get around releasing the new version for another week, I've uploaded a new build which fixes some more issues:

[Fix] VSTi Notes were not stopped properly in compatible mode if the sample map entry for the note was transpased.
[Imp] Pattern Editor: Channel Surround status is now also indicated in the status bar.
[Fix] Tagging: Added text ending character to text strings in ID3v2 tags.
[Mod] Mod Loading: When loading a file made with a newer version of OpenMPT that only differs in the build number (last number in the version), no warning is shown anymore. For all other cases, the warning is now also shown for MPTM files.
[Fix] Hopefully the final fix for ACM MP3 export...

Saga Musix

OpenMPT 1.19.03.00 has been released officially now. See the first post for more details and download link.

Christofori

Is the global volume paramater on the Instrument tab supposed to allow one to enter up to 5 digits?  Rather than begin with a bug report this time, I thought I'd ask.. seems to be new behavior and I wasn't sure the rationale if it's intentional.. :)
/christofori
'slightly disturbed and wonderfully content'
*Master of the Obvious*

Saga Musix

Most input fields are not limited... I guess it's not a big matter since the numbers are clamped to the correct range when you input them anyway.

Christofori

Hardly a big deal -- I just noticed it the other day for the first time.. and I've been using MPT/OMPT for about .. er, 10 years now.. lol.. give or take.  Freakyness. :P
/christofori
*Master of the Obvious*

jmkz

Quote from: christofori on July 29, 2011, 04:48:02
Hardly a big deal -- I just noticed it the other day for the first time.. and I've been using MPT/OMPT for about .. er, 10 years now.. lol.. give or take.  Freakyness. :P

Hey! That's a lot of time! I only know since 2004, and used for a few moths... then I used OpenMPT since 2006 (well dunno really when but anyway) I only used to play MPT like a toy, not as a tracker.

Christofori

Indeed!  Though I didn't use it ALL the time during those 10 years, I have nonetheless always used it in compositions (both released songs and non, and both on my own and occasionally with 'the band...' when it was a factor...) since I picked tracking back up in very late 2001.. (does this info 'date' me too badly? lol)

:D  AND -- still grinnin' from ear to ear! :D
/christofori
*Master of the Obvious*