OpenMPT 1.19 releases

Started by Saga Musix, March 27, 2011, 12:50:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Exhale

Quote from: Jojo on April 13, 2011, 20:52:44
Ok, that's very weird. I have seen similar reports for other applications with the same ModName /ModVer / Offset values, so I still think that the problem might be related to a broken OS. Just to confirm, does the crash message appear right after double-clicking the executable?
just after the splash screen comes up, its quite likely that it has something to do with my OS, this xp has been on this computer for a long while, and it was my mother's comp before I got it, so it could have all sorts of bugs. I want to get 7 for this pc, but I'm afraid that it will slow it down (and it's already slow enough)

Saga Musix

Ok, weird... Have you tried deleting/renaming mptrack.ini (in %APPDATA%) and checking if it still crashes?
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Quote from: Jojo on April 13, 2011, 20:52:44
Ok, that's very weird. I have seen similar reports for other applications with the same ModName /ModVer / Offset values, so I still think that the problem might be related to a broken OS. Just to confirm, does the crash message appear right after double-clicking the executable?
How can I fix my OS?

(sorry thought I had replied wasn't sure...

Quote from: Jojo on April 16, 2011, 22:24:20
Ok, weird... Have you tried deleting/renaming mptrack.ini (in %APPDATA%) and checking if it still crashes?

trying that now
ok did it, and it works :)

Saga Musix

Ok, that's really weird, but good to hear that it fixed the problem. Can you please upload the old mptrack.ini for reference? (In case you deleted it instead of renaming it, you can probably restore old shadow copies - though I think that feature is not enabled by default on Windows XP)
» No support, bug reports, feature requests via private messages - they will not be answered. Use the forums and the issue tracker so that everyone can benefit from your post.

Exhale

Quote from: Jojo on April 18, 2011, 18:02:38
Ok, that's really weird, but good to hear that it fixed the problem. Can you please upload the old mptrack.ini for reference? (In case you deleted it instead of renaming it, you can probably restore old shadow copies - though I think that feature is not enabled by default on Windows XP)
Sure, I renamed it so I'll upload it - where should I go to upload?
Thanks for your help, awesome to see the changes I'm looking forward to playing around with them :D

Saga Musix

Just upload it as a forum attachment (.zip it so the file extension is recognized)

Exhale

Quote from: Jojo on April 18, 2011, 18:02:38
Quote from: Jojo on April 18, 2011, 18:52:01
Just upload it as a forum attachment (.zip it so the file extension is recognized)

ok here it is.

Saga Musix

Hmm, doesn't crash here. Can you please try using this file again, and remove the INI sections (always starting with a name in [Brackets]) one by one until OpenMPT starts properly again?

Saga Musix

Hi all,
OpenMPT 1.19.02.00 is now officially released. This is mostly a bugfix build. Please report how you get on with the new version.

Download

Noteworthy new features

• The ability to move channels in the pattern editor by dragging the channel headers
  • New menu entry in the VST editor to create a new mod instrument from the current plugin.
  • Automatic Update Checker

Full changelog:

v1.19.02.00 (May 2011, revision 871)

Pattern tab
   [New] <Jojo> Channels can now be moved by dragging their channel header. Holding Shift while doing so duplicates the channel.
   [Imp] <Jojo> Moving channels through the channel manager creates an undo point now.
   [Fix] <Jojo> Order list info text now truncates list length after the first "---" pattern for MOD files in hex display mode as well.

Pattern tab::Note properties
   [Fix] <Jojo> Axx is not limited to value 7F anymore in IT / S3M format.

VST
   [New] <Jojo> New menu entry in the plugin editor: Create instrument from plugin
   [Fix] <Jojo> Fixed note handling in VST editor of plugins that actually don't support MIDI input (http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=102)

Mod Conversion
   [Imp] <Jojo> Improved conversion of Sxx (IT / S3M) and PC Notes.
   [Mod] <Jojo> When converting from MOD / S3M to XM / IT, compatible play is automatically enabled.
   [Fix] <Jojo> Sustain loop conversion didn't work

Playback
   [Fix] <Jojo> The first triggered note in the pattern / sample / instrument editor is not cut off anymore (tx C-jeff, http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=123)

IT
   [Imp] <Jojo> When clearing MIDI macros during loading, only the Zxx macros are cleared, but not the global (currently unused) configuration.
   [Fix] <Jojo> Panning slides with both parameter nibbles set were not ignored in compatible mode.

XM
   [Fix] <Jojo> When using compatibility export, the number of samples per instrument is now limited to 16.

MOD
   [Imp] <Jojo> Instead of cutting the order list after the first --- pattern, such order items are simply removed from the saved order list. (http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=118)
   [Fix] <Jojo> "+++" separator patterns were allowed in MOD files, which made them break in other trackers / players. (http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=118)

S3M
   [Imp] <Jojo> When clearing MIDI macros during loading, only the Zxx macros are cleared, but not the global (currently unused) configuration.

Other formats
   [Imp] <Jojo> DMF Loader was rewritten completely and is a whole lot more accurate now.
   [Fix] <Jojo> J2B Loader: Empty sample slots are now treated correct in new (RIFF AM) J2B files.
   [Fix] <Jojo> DBM Loader: Global volume was scaled wrong.
   [Fix] <Jojo> 8SVX Loader: If no sample could be found in the file, the loader does not claim to have successfully loaded a sample anymore. (http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=117)

Misc
   [New] <Jojo> OpenMPT can now automatically check for updates (daily / weekly / monthly)
   [Mod] <Jojo> "Embed MIDI macros" is now only enabled during song creation if the user's default MIDI macro setup differs from standard configuration.
   [Fix] <Jojo> When using "Convert instruments to samples" in the Song Cleanup dialog, "Remove samples associated with an instrument" actually destroyed all samples.
   [Reg] <Jojo> Removed hidden INI flag to suppress warnings when encountering keymaps with unknown items. This option was introduced when faulty keymaps threw multiple message boxes, but now it's just one and it shouldn't be ignored...

.^o

Saga Musix

OpenMPT 1.19.02.00 has been released officially now. See the first post for more details and download link.

Saga Musix

Hi all,
OpenMPT 1.19.03.00 is now officially released. I decided to throw another bugfix build into the release queue before continuing with the work on the next "big" version of OpenMPT. This version only contains bug fixes and other small improvements. Please report how you get on with the new version.

Download

Full changelog:

v1.19.03.00 (July 2011, revision 921)

General tab
   [Imp] <Jojo> When editing panning, surround is disabled and when enabling surround, panning is reset.
   [Imp] <Jojo> When moving a plugin to another slot, plugins routing their output to the selected plugin are now taken into account when choosing a default slot to move the plugin to.

Pattern tab
   [Imp] <Jojo> Channel Surround status is now also indicated in the status bar.
   [Fix] <Jojo> When playing a pattern that is actually not in the sequence and that has more rows than the last played order item, a crash could occur while playing those extra rows. (Welcome to episode 2938 of "this should not have happened afterall")
   [Fix] <Jojo> Shift + Channel Dragging killed the last channel (http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=133).
   [Fix] <Jojo> When using the pattern play controls (f.e. "Replay Pattern") on a pattern that isn't played in the normal play sequence, tempo and global volume commands on the first played row are not ignored anymore.
   [Fix] <Jojo> Songs shouldn't stop anymore after playing them one time and if playback was initially started using a pattern play mode with loop enabled (http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=11)
   [Fix] <Jojo> When overwriting PC notes with normal notes, the pattern cell is now cleared properly.
   [Fix] <Jojo> Using the "Paste Pattern" menu entry in the order list didn't refresh the pattern display.

Sample tab
   [Imp] <Jojo> When selecting parts of the sample, the selection range is now also displayed in samples, not only seconds (tx jmkz, http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=136).
   [Imp] <Jojo> When changing the sample's global volume while removing DC offset, the change is now instantly applied to all channels that are currently playing the sample.
   [Fix] <Jojo> 8-Bit Stereo samples were not saved correctly (tx jmkz, http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=153).

Instrument tab
   [Imp] <Jojo> When in compatible mode, two envelope points cannot share the same tick anymore.
   [Fix] <Jojo> Suggested filename when saving instrument was sometimes cut off.

VST
   [Fix] <Jojo> When a plugin requests song position in nano seconds, the correct value should now be returned.
   [Fix] <Jojo> Loading a VST preset (fxp) didn't mark the document as modified (tx BooT-SectoR-ViruZ)

Playback
   [Fix] <Jojo> Filters in XM files aren't reset with every new note anymore (this broke some versions ago).

IT
   [Fix] <Jojo> Saving IT instruments (in both IT and ITI files) with an invalid sample map crashed the tracker (http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=142)
   [Fix] <Jojo> (Also applies to MOD) When swapping samples on the fly and the current playback position is beyond the new sample's length, it's reset to 0.

MPTM
   [Fix] <Jojo> Saving long envelopes (> 25 envelope points) in the MPTM format was broken since... well, actually, it never worked in any officially released version. Now you can finally have up to 240 envelope points.

Other formats
   [Fix] <Jojo> ITP Saver: Fixed nasty bug when the internal order length was not 256.
   [Fix] <Jojo> IMF Loader: Orpheus' 8-Bit cutoff range was not converted to MPT's 7-Bit range.

Misc
   [Imp] <Jojo> Tagging: ID3 tags contain a TDRC tag instead of TYER now, as recommend by the ID3v2.4 standard. Also added a TPBM (beats per minute) tag.
   [Imp] <Jojo> Hack detection also notifies about stereo samples in XM files now.
   [Imp] <Jojo> Fixed tab order in the pitch shift dialog.
   [Mod] <Jojo> Song Properties: Legacy Mixmodes RC1 and RC2 are now only displayed if they are actually used by the module.
   [Mod] <Jojo> When loading a module made with a newer version of OpenMPT which only differs in the build number (last number in the version), no warning is shown anymore. For all other cases, the warning is now also shown for MPTM files.
   [Mod] <Jojo> If opening MIDI In fails, the MIDI config dialog is shown.
   [Fix] <Jojo> MP3 export should no longer result in a heap corruption and thus crash the tracker (http://bugs.openmpt.org/view.php?id=97).
   [Fix] <Jojo> Rendering sub songs to WAV resulted in an endless render loop.
   [Fix] <Jojo> Setup Dialog: Fixed the checkbox list so that it doesn't look weird under Wine and doesn't crash when compiling OpenMPT with VS2010 (tx jmkz).

jmkz

Export to MP3 using LAME ACM codec doesn't work here. I'm using this. The exporting window appears for a fraction (a flash) and then disappears. Neither creates an .mp3 file. Exporting via DLL works fine, I'm using LAME ACM and DLL from RareWares.

Saga Musix

Good catch! I'll try to fix that for the final release. I didn't really think anyone is still using ACM...

jmkz

Winamp reads wrong(?) or OpenMPT writes bad too the dump of comments to comments when export to mp3.

The CR+LF (I guess) are recognized as squares by Winamp

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7032/wiwcrlf.png

So, who is wrong?